Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 7 Update for ONE Users Available Now
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 7 Update for ONE Users Available Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVR
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

I know about the options for Car "art" etc. (no available for fo TT1V2 Yet or ever). What about the "help me" feature? it doesn't appear on my unit although I do get two "Guided Tours".

Does anyone have a working "Help me" on TT1V2? or is this another unavailable feature? (yes, I also, know about the Missing First aid data)

If there are tt1v2 with "help me" any ideas why it's not working on my unit?

Here's hoping for answers.

Sygic for android in HD
Cameralert - pending

TomTom consigned to the bin, after 6 years loyal service.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the "drive to help" , "walk to help" or "where am I?" stuff?

If so, on
THIS PAGE, TT SAY it should work on all models (but then they SAY Mapshare should work on all models except the Rider too!)
Dr_Pepper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTone V1 doesnt have help me,car art, new features are mapshare and power options. This version seems to have some bugs: I have also two "Guided Tours" first I tought it was due to tripmaster and offroad navigator...
Then I have museum POI category in wrong language and status bar options have two same options (arrival time) when using my local language settings.
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy

I appreciate that those with newer machines already have Navcore 7 but those of us with older machines (mine is a TomTom One (original)) now have some of the new features are what we have been waiting for. Also not all versions of the software are the same for all models, some are cut down versions and some features seem to be on some machines and not on others, mine for instances does have a "Help Me" button. I think it is relevant to everyone to know what is included in the new software for each machine, I could not find anything in the forum to tell me.

Smile
TVR
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Interesting.

I too have Tripmaster. But I have even removed all the software etc (and uninstalled) with no difference. The "help me" features are still missing.

Does tripmaster restrict the MNU file?

Sygic for android in HD
Cameralert - pending

Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StanStill wrote:
Andy
I think it is relevant to everyone to know what is included in the new software for each machine, I could not find anything in the forum to tell me.

Smile

Sorry, of course I didn't mean you shouldn't discuss it, just that you could probably find a list of what was new in previous posts about v7.

Also, when the original title was something like NEW SOFTWARE FOR ALL - INSTALL NOW I got all excited, but then all the new features people were mentioning were things I'd already got. Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't see the menu option for "HelpMe" on the device try removing the files from the SDKRegistry folder clean it out so it is empty (copy them to the PC, this way you can always put them back again) then fire up the unit and does it now show "HelpMe" - if so one of the SDK plug ins you have installed is messing things up.

Can you also check with the device connected to the PC that there is a folder called "HelpMe" in the root of the memory/ SD Card, this contains the files that HelpMe actually uses - Mike
Dr_Pepper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep in my case it was that, this version cant have anything in sdkregistry...it messes menus . There is help button but no helpme folder...
sixhundred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgraded last night and whatever changes have been made are very well hidden!

The only thing I've noticed is if you do something like "cancel route" there's a message in the top right which says something like "route cancelled" for a second after returning to the map screen. Or perhaps that was there before but I didn't notice!

Will be doing around 2500 miles in the next 9 days so a good chance to test out the new version Smile
TVR
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike.

I used to use Suntime & Tripmaster. Both in the SDK registry. Any file placed in SDK registry removes the "Help me" feature.

Can these programs be run from anywhere else on the SD card? If not I'll have to deside which is of more use, Tripmaster or Help me.... Confused

Sygic for android in HD
Cameralert - pending

gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have kept ver 6.5 on a seperate sd card with tripmaster etc and all my plugins on, i have the ver 7.13 on the other, and at the moment am using the older 6.5 version most of the time, the added features such as exceeding speed warning beeps are in trip master anyway and i prefer the larger speed indication
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How useful is the "Help Me" file? Most of it is just common sense, I'd stick with the Tripmaster.
GB Map v710.1571
Sandisk ultra II 512MB
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not found a way of getting the other application on the device and retaining the Help Me function.

Lets just take a quick look at how you can still get to the same functions without the HelpMe short cut though.

Phone for Help
1/ Emergency services, In UK you can dial 999 or 112, in Europe use 112
2/ AA Breakdown - just put the number in your phone (I use the RAC), this stupid feature doesn't even ask for a double check, it simply dials straight out the second you hit the short cut.
3/ The nearest POI - well at best these will be hundreds of miles from your present location, best bet here is to install some quality POI files that can be trusted within the UK and use the POI functions to offer the phone number (unless you want to call a Doctor in either Ireland or France!)

A great idea the phone for help, but in practice it is let down by very poor POI data as supplied.
Map Share might improve matters, but my experiance with it appears to be very much one way traffic - all take and very little in way of data download.

Drive to help, again this is best served by using good quality POI files installed to the device.

Walk to Help - use Custom POI files and set your route planning profile to Walking, the device will produce a walkable route.

Where Am I, Tap the sat strength meter for current Lat/ Long, the location summary could be handy though for some users which is only available via "Help Me"

First Aid guide - handy information, but you would be better placed to deal with a road side emergency if you went on a first aid course to be honest, the thoughts of someone reading from a navigation unit whilst administering first aid doesn't quite seem right to me.

Other Guides, if we could install some useful ones in addition to those supplied (or instead of, if need be) this function might be handy - a How To Configure the Pocket GPS World speed camera database for example Laughing

As you can see from the above most of the Help Me functions can be handled from the normal device menus, the choice is yours, third party applications or loose the Help Me - Mike
Geoff_UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems to report so far with the new 7.131 update, but what I am REALLY keen to experience first hand is a working mapshare.

With version 7.120 map share "appeared" to work, ie allowed me to make alterations and to upload them (I even got emails off them thanking me for my updates), but it NEVER downloaded anything to my device.

If, and when, I can get hold of TomTom Home version 2.1, I hope to replicate TVR's experience and have mapshare that works both ways.

Cheers
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Navcore 7 Update for ONE Users Available Now Reply with quote

TVR wrote:
Happy to inform you all that TT have issued the long awaited updates as follows:-
TT Hardware : V7.131 with full Mapshare facilities although the "Help me" feature is still missing on my TT1V2
TT Home : V2.1 Provides Mapshare retreval but the "Operate My One" core is not available,yet.

Seeing you post, I updated yesterday afternoon and it's taken me until now to get my TT1 working again.
After updating it would not get past the splash screen, nor would it turn off.
I restored from a backup taken 3 weeks ago. That wouldn't work either.
The only way it would turn off was doing a reset.
Evcentually I used the original TT1 card (kept safe fortunately), and managed a successful start.
On a fresh SD card I copied the original files, and then gradually one by one transferred the files I needed from the non working card.
Eventually it failed again when I transferred the data.chk file. However restoring the old file didn't work. So I had to start again. Not sure what to do now, so any advice would be appreciated.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: