Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGO user manual
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGO user manual
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: iGO user manual Reply with quote

The english manual is now available at

http://www.i-go.com/download/iGO_2006_SD_User_Manual_UK_v1_09.pdf

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot find any mention of the map supplier. Navteq or Tele Atlas?

Richard
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends. For most western Europe countries it is TeleAtlas but they also use lots of independed providers for the countries where TeleAtlas or Navteq coverage is non-existent. Slovakia, Romania etc.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
darthpaul
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very nice, this iGo.

Does anyone have any information as to when it'll be released, or whether it'll include the ability to upload custom POIs? From a quick check over the manual, it seems to be missing this functionality and POI proximity warning too. Sad
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthpaul wrote:

It does look nice, but that's the only nice thing about it. It is not intuitive and is dificult to use.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
darthpaul wrote:

It does look nice, but that's the only nice thing about it. It is not intuitive and is dificult to use.

I afraid I must take issue with your comment. I have found it very intuitive and extremely easy to use.

Unfortunately, at the moment, it doesn't provide support for import of custom POI's or for POI proximity warning.

But to include all the features it has, in what is only second generation software, is amazing. And they all work! Quite unlike TomTom where most features are just gimmicks and don't actually work properly.

Roger
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder what the routing is like

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:

I afraid I must take issue with your comment. I have found it very intuitive and extremely easy to use.

Roger, I was merely expressing my opinion and the results of the so-called wife test. I realise that you want to have a configurable, feature-rich product, but that's not what the majority of the customers need.

TomTom:
switch on - (tap) - navigate to - address - city - street - house_number

iGO:
switch on - find_and_go - address - change_city - other_city - select_city - search_results - street - search_results - house_number

In TT it is dead easy to return to the Navigator view, in iGO it takes some efforts to return to the Cockpit view. And so on....
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
wonder what the routing is like
there are plenty of settings for the routing, so I suppose it depends on how you set it up, but I didn't have time to play with them.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TomTom:
switch on - (tap) - navigate to - address - city - street - house_number

iGO:
switch on - find_and_go - address - change_city - other_city - select_city - search_results - street - search_results - house_number

In TT it is dead easy to return to the Navigator view, in iGO it takes some efforts to return to the Cockpit view. And so on....

You're quite rightly entitled to your opinion but the above is surely slightly biased. You still have to search the results in TomTom, unless you enter the complete name, so this becomes:

TomTom:
switch on - (tap) - navigate to - address - city - search_results - street - search_results - house_number

In iGO as soon as you have entered sufficient letters to have a result of 5 or less items it switches to the search results screen. In most cases this is actually quicker. It also performs fuzzy searches so just a few letters will give the location you require.

iGO 2006:

That's 10 total steps instead of 9, not a major difference.

To return to the Cockpit View from any of the selection screens is simplicity itself. Just click the return arrow in the top left of the screen once or twice. In TomTom you click a combination of Back and Cancel a few times. No real difference there.

To toggle between Cockpit and Map view just press button 4 on the keypad, simple. That operation in TomTom takes several keypresses.

Roger
darthpaul
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What people must remember is that Tomtom and it's interface have been around for a long time. People get stuck in their ways, and when anything else comes along that ISN'T Tomtom it get accused of being unwieldy.

I'm a culprit of this as much as anyone. I remember hating Median/Navigon (well, still do - but not because of the interface ;) ) for a good few weeks when I borrowed a friends integrated PNA.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:

You're quite rightly entitled to your opinion but the above is surely slightly biased.

It is biased quite a lot actually, because I think that TT is the best navigation software on the market at the moment. I'm sure that quite a few people will like the iGO navigator.
rvacaru
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it...I used tomtom 2 years, but for some eastern europe countries iGO is the best and only tool available Smile

TT EEurope is a shame compared with iGO as detail levels...
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rvacaru wrote:
I like it...I used tomtom 2 years, but for some eastern europe countries iGO is the best and only tool available Smile

TT EEurope is a shame compared with iGO as detail levels...

I'm not sure TT is overly concerned with the EE markets at the moment
GSX600FMAN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: igo compared to TT5 Reply with quote

I think TT5 is best for the UK solely because of the Speed camera POI input. If you travel abroad however, across borders (unless you have the larger TT GO devices) The iGO is best especially if you intend to go east of Germany and Austria. IGO Europe 2006 on a 1Gig miniSD card (and indeed iGO Eastern Europe because it has major roads of Europe included) can plot a route from Northants to Bucarest in 32seconds (2681km). Tapping on locations at the road side give names of businesses and telephone numbers. No other current software (talking) can do that all the way beyond Austria. You have to play about with it to get used to quickly navigating the program as I did with TT3, TT4.4, TT5, Navman SmartST. More choice of options in the iGO. eg. car, taxi, bicycle etc. It will be a long time before TT has Hungary, Romania etc They only want Teleatlas to do the maps. Yet iGO have a gaggle of map suppliers including Teleatlas. So in my opinion Tom Tom for UK, iGo for mainland Europe.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: