Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help.PPC won't play a warning for POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help.PPC won't play a warning for POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Help.PPC won't play a warning for POI's Reply with quote

I downloaded checkpoint and the overlay found on this website but for some reason I can't get any of the speedcamera poi's to give audio warnings in the properties tag.The options are just greyed out and I can't browse to where I put the audio files.Anybody got anysuggestions.
Thanks
SlimboyFat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can't really help myself (Newbie at this GPS thing). I do know a lot of the people on here prefer an older version of checkpoint.

To get a better chance of some answer you may want to supply the following info...

PDA make and model
GPS make and model
Operating System
CheckPOInt version
TTNav version

Hope you get some answers soon.
cjx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

My PPC is a dell axim X5 running PPC2003.
I'm running tomtom 2 and the gps sytem came with tomtom.
Checkpoint version is the latest and I have also tried the earlier version aswell.
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just want to check a few things :

Have you got little check boxes showing when you select properties fr the poi's you're selecting ? These often disappear until you do a soft reset.
If so here's the sequence I followed to enable the checker..

Click on the checkpoint icon then general setings - then select ok to close and save your modifications

Click on the checkpoint icon and then select international settigns - make your modes and click on ok again

Click on the checkpoint icon for a third tiem (not very ergonomic I know ..) this time select Overlay settings -you should have a list of overlays that checkpoint has detected. Highlight the one you want to set up and then select properties.This then brings up a tabbed dialogue screen - work through it stage by stage but make sure you include Detect poi's from this overlay on the first tab. this should then enable the dialogue boxes that were grey previously.

Hope this helps.

DinAlt
cjx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DinAlt wrote:
Hi

Just want to check a few things :

Have you got little check boxes showing when you select properties fr the poi's you're selecting ? These often disappear until you do a soft reset.
If so here's the sequence I followed to enable the checker..

Click on the checkpoint icon then general setings - then select ok to close and save your modifications

Click on the checkpoint icon and then select international settigns - make your modes and click on ok again

Click on the checkpoint icon for a third tiem (not very ergonomic I know ..) this time select Overlay settings -you should have a list of overlays that checkpoint has detected. Highlight the one you want to set up and then select properties.This then brings up a tabbed dialogue screen - work through it stage by stage but make sure you include Detect poi's from this overlay on the first tab. this should then enable the dialogue boxes that were grey previously.

Hope this helps.

DinAlt

Thanks for the help its done the trick and I can specify a sound now.

The only thing is now after I soft reset it the tomtom shortcut on the desktop doesn't work and I have to browse th my cf card and start it from there.
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

Strange that your shortcuts don't work after a soft reset - they shouldn't be affected. However, if you're using checkpoint it's checkpint that you should be startign not tomtom (snce this starts both_.

Personally I have checkpoint mapped to an hard button on my pda for ease of use (no need to play around with little icons when I'm starting a journey <g>.

DinAlt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As DinAlt has said, the best method is to configure CheckPOInt to launch TomTom when CheckPOInt starts and also set it to exit when you quit TomTom.
cjx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought of doing that Embarassed

Everythings sorted now so thatnks for all the info.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: