Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom on i-mate k-jam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom on i-mate k-jam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saudidave
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: tomtom on i-mate k-jam Reply with quote

A couple of years ago I had an O2 xda mini s and it was a disaster, needinga soft reset several times a day. I then tried an xda iis and that was slightly better but still no good as a phone & satnav because it made a chunky t chunk noise every time it was in use as a satnav as it was finding another phone mast and in reality it was too big as a phone.

I borrowed an I-mate K-jam off a friend last week (xda mini s without the badging and O2 software) and it's been great as a phone so far. Can anyone advise how well it runs tomtom please? If it's half decent i'll try a gps unit with it because I have the oppurtunity to buy it. Thanks, Dave
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: tomtom on i-mate k-jam Reply with quote

saudidave wrote:
A couple of years ago I had an O2 xda mini s and it was a disaster, needinga soft reset several times a day. I then tried an xda iis and that was slightly better but still no good as a phone & satnav because it made a chunky t chunk noise every time it was in use as a satnav as it was finding another phone mast and in reality it was too big as a phone.

I borrowed an I-mate K-jam off a friend last week (xda mini s without the badging and O2 software) and it's been great as a phone so far. Can anyone advise how well it runs tomtom please? If it's half decent i'll try a gps unit with it because I have the oppurtunity to buy it. Thanks, Dave

TT6 (5 did as well) runs fine on my K-Jam - only issue is full 7 digit postcode search.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full postcodes work fine on this unit, are you selecting Navigate To/ Address/ Postcode as things are slightly different with the software, you must select the postcode icon to type in a full postcode.

If you are making the correct selectioon you must have something wrong on the device can you check the following:

1/ is there a folder named "zip" in the root of the memory card
2/ is there a Great_Britain.postal file in the zip folder

If the answer to the above is yes for both questions, is there a folder named "tomTom" in the root of the memory card? - if not create it, it doesn't need anything in it - Mike
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems at all...this was my old/replaced device that I am shortly putting on Ebay, complete with TT5. I did ask a question however, which to date hasn't been answered. Are you guys (PGPS) happy that I can leave your camera data on it as well ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: