Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mouse cable
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mouse cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rseymour
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Mouse cable Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I'm very new to all this GPS stuff but it looks Like I'm hooked with my new 303MMF and bluetooth slipper talking to Pocket Loox 600.

I have 2 questions though...

1. Where can I get a cable to allow me to use the 303MMF in mouse mode and connect it to my Loox 600 that way.

2. I intend to use device while out walking and while at the moment I'm doing trials with the bluetooth cliped on via the belt clip to one of the straps on my daypack I think it might be better if I kept the blutooth and 303mmf in the dry warmth of my bag and ran an antenna (http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod471.html) out of the bag and fixed it on one of the straps. Can anyone tell me if I should receive a better or worse signal and if this will cause any more drain on the bluetooth battery (Can I use a Nokia battery as a backup...they look the same?).

On a separate note I saw that the manual that came with the bluetooth slipper mentioned a mains power adapter that wasn't in the box (your picture of the box contents didn't have one either). I spoke to Peripheral Corner and they told me that they hadn't been shipped with them as they had had problems with the UK adapter. Fortunately he is expecting some today (20/02/2004) and said he will ship them out ASAP.

Hopefully it wont be long now till some one brings out a generic bluetooth slipper that will work with any CF GPS (or maybe a hack for this one!)

Thanks in anticipation
Rob S
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Haicom cables used to be sold separately by globalpositioningsystems.co.uk - but the last time I looked they weren't available as separate items. You could contact them to see - and be clear that it's not the Haicom cigarette lighter adapter you need, but the GPS cable (which is somewhere around 20 pounds).

For waterproofing, how about putting the GPS and slipper in a small Aquapac? See http://www.aquapac.net for details.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: