Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using Emily in France and Spain
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Emily in France and Spain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Using Emily in France and Spain Reply with quote

What a hoot TTS is in France and Spain using British voices! The way in which the French names are pronounced is worse than the worst schoolboy. I was even driven to using a French language voice but then I could not understand the quickly spoken French directions! Catch 22!

What was wierd though was the pronunciation of Road numbers. N roads in France were pronounced as N twelve or D nine hundred and fifteen. In Spain the N roads look like N-I or N-269 which were pronounced North eye and North two hundred and sixty nine. European E roads were East roads. Local roads in Spain were inconsistent. AS12 was AS twelve while AS269 was something like actia semilla two six nine.

It also took me some time to work out that to move to European time I had to fully reset the Locale. I kept the units as miles and my speed alerts came up as 31mph for 50kph etc, which saved me looking at the small print on the speedo. My two sets of POI's, UK and Euro co-resided perfectly.
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just change to the language of the county.
No problem then Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: