Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq 4000 Series + Navman 4410 experience
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq 4000 Series + Navman 4410 experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc_Croc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Ipaq 4000 Series + Navman 4410 experience Reply with quote

I'm thinking of getting an Ipaq 4150 together with Navman 4410. Does anyone have experience of this combination or similar? Would you recommend it or not?

Is the Bluetooth link reliable?

Many thanks.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Ipaq 2210 and Navman 4410. It is my first setup and on the whole I am pleased with the hardware.
I have SmartST, Pocket Streets and Anquet running on the ipaq and all are working fine. No problems with the bluetooth connection, good satellite lock too even when I placed the receiver out of view.
Putting the software issues aside, I am very happy with it.
MattB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with ICYS. I have the 4150 and the 4410 set-up. Only recently fitted, but in terms of reliability of Bluetooth, I haven't had any problems and have even put the GPS receiver in my glove box and still had a lock on my position.
Got a active brodit cradle, which is mounted to a vent clip (mainly because I didn't want a suction cup and wanted the flexibility of being able to position it in various places in the car.

The only thing I have noticed with Bluetooth is that it takes me a couple of minutes, where I'm activating it and setting destination before I can set off. So no more jump in and go, but I think you'll find that with all GPS set-ups.

So, yes definitely pleased with all my kit. There are a few issues on mapping accuracy and searching for addresses which other people have already mentioned.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattB wrote:
The only thing I have noticed with Bluetooth is that it takes me a couple of minutes, where I'm activating it and setting destination before I can set off.

Yes, I had the same problem when I first got the kit. Took a while to get used to it. What I have found is that every time I start the SmartST software I get 'GPS port closed'. You need to go to the GPS Status screen and hit the 'tick box' to open it. Then simply tap on the BT device and once it gets a 'fix' (typically about a minute when cold) away you go.

If you are concerned about bluetooth connections, I placed the receiver outside in the garden and sat in the house about 15 feet away and still had great reception Thumbs Up
MattB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icsys wrote:
If you are concerned about bluetooth connections, I placed the receiver outside in the garden and sat in the house about 15 feet away and still had great reception Thumbs Up

That conjures up a great image! Laughing
Doc_Croc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattB wrote:
Got a active brodit cradle, which is mounted to a vent clip (mainly because I didn't want a suction cup and wanted the flexibility of being able to position it in various places in the car.

Where is the best place to buy the Brodit cradle? I've been lookin at the passive cradle, but various webs sites I've looked at give a different part number to that on the Brodit site.

Does the active cradle come with a cable to attach to the the lighter socket?

Thanks again - to everyone that has responded to the original post.
MattB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cradle is an Active Brodit one. It has a straight wire, coming out of the back, making it easier for a permanent fix, so no, it doesn't have a plug suitable for a lighter socket.

I got it from Handnav.co.uk, who as you'll see elsewhere on these forums, don't exactly have the best reputation, though I think this is mainly down to their poor suply of Smartclips, which I didn't need as I went for the Ventclip option as it allows me to vary he position in my car to ensure that I got the best view. Plus I will be getting rid of my car next year, so my vent clip will fit in the next car.
KeithD
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: In the garden? Reply with quote

>If you are concerned about bluetooth connections, I placed the receiver outside in the garden and sat in the house about 15 feet away and still had great reception.

Useful I suppose, if you forget where your garden is.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: