Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Membership Subscription Options Change
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Membership Subscription Options Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyuk99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Key Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
andyuk99 wrote:
Would it not be possible to insert a key and then when you find a copy on the web identify who is sending it out ?

It's a good idea - they already do that.
That's how they have been banning certain people.

As for the new cameras, you're a bit late.... see "These are not SPECS" (1st post for the mention, 8th post down for the pics)
Yours are nicer pics than mine though. Smile

ok - thanks , feel free to copy my pixs .. I have more, Laughing Out Loud
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that whatever you do, somebody somewhere will always try to find a way around it.

Personally, I refrained from asking too many questions on this subject because I didn't want any secrets to get out on the forum - thus making it easier for people who are distributing the database now or in the foreseeable future.

Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with being curious - but if someone tells you how Joe Bloggs Ltd do it and that's a system that the PGPSW team use or are looking into using, you given the offenders a head start.
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Mobiles take a while to come back and at the time i submitted mine i was subscribed, But not at present, who do i talk to about this and does that mean i qualify for lifetime subscription ?
Hey i don't mind paying the £19, when i am ready for my next downloads, but, i am like many others on this never ending topic, i don't use the downloads enough and only really use them for a long journey every now and then, when i submitted these (submitted twice) It had already been announced that mobiles were now included!
Any feedback welcome as long as its not a pop! Wink
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimsta wrote:
I know Mobiles take a while to come back and at the time i submitted mine i was subscribed, But not at present, who do i talk to about this and does that mean i qualify for lifetime subscription ?
Hey i don't mind paying the £19, when i am ready for my next downloads, but, i am like many others on this never ending topic, i don't use the downloads enough and only really use them for a long journey every now and then, when i submitted these (submitted twice) It had already been announced that mobiles were now included!
Any feedback welcome as long as its not a pop! Wink

If you were a subscriber when you submitted a location and it qualifies you will still get the lifetime subscription even if your sub has lapsed in the meantime.
artesea
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what you have done, but I did find the £2 option easier. Before, I was doing long distance driving maybe once every 3 months, so before the first drive I would get the latest file, and then on the last day of the subscription make sure I then got whatever was the latest.
As I only drive the same roads everyday I know where the cameras are (actually there aren't any) and since I got pulled over by an unmarked, I keep to the limit on most of the roads anyway.

However since then it looks like I'm visting London nearly once a fortnight and for that I really need the database Smile
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren,
thanks for getting back so promptly on the reply, How do you find the information if you have qualified with your submission or not ?
I'm in no hurry i just wanted to know the time frame and how it worked, i know there is a lot of hard work and effort on here, and i'm not pushing the issue, i just wanted to understand how it worked Smile
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you find the information if you have qualified with your submission or not ?

Once your submission has been verified and IF you are the first then you will be e-mailed to tell you have been awarded a Lifetime Subscription. Mobiles might take longer to verify because they are not always there. Also some static cameras in remote locations might take time to verify.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
dmrolyat, we have no record of your current email address linked to any submissions so it is difficult to match.

dmrolyat wrote:
I changed ISP's probably mid 2004 and hence email addresses, for the life of me I cant recall my email address prior to that. something at compuserve.com (but in those days it was all numbers and i cant recall my number).

Darren wrote:
We do however have only one compuserve address in the list and that is a real name @ compuserve so not yours, any other possibilities?

dmrolyat wrote:
it could also have been my hotmail account, i dont know and wont get embroiled in the pettiness.

My God! Isn't this painful to watch? It seems that at least one thing's for sure - you haven't submitted anything since your current enrolment in April 2005. All this waffle about having been a terrific supporter, submitted loads of cameras, member since before sliced bread was invented, you won't find my records because I changed email addresses. I ask you! I'm just a simple old man, not an experienced claims investigator, but even I can see there's something less than clear here - I wouldn't try this sort of wriggling with my insurance company (that's if they ever get round to sending me the damned claim form they promised to post over a week ago!), or if I did, I'd have my fingers crossed behind my back. I think it would be best if you kept your multiple e-mail and ISP addresses quiet in case any of them turn up behind a torrent or P2P that I wouldn't like to find.
dmrolyat, it's about time you recognised that future subscription is on an annual basis. I suspect that quite a few members of the site don't care whether you like that or not - I certainly don't. But I DO care that you are slagging off the site which has served me very well for longer than I've been a registered member. I too was using the Database and submitting cameras to the site before it became a subscription service. That's why I have lifetime membership. It was offered to me just when I was waiting to hear the details of how to pay for membership, which I had quickly decided was a worthwhile expenditure.

I never stopped reporting cameras after getting free membership. I never objected to the prospect of subscriptions.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Traveller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said sir!
slimsta
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers PaulB2005, right outside me local boozer Laughing Out Loud, if i aint the first to submit it i'd laugh me head off as i am in the boozer when i see em set up hahaha (Thought about coming out half sozzled and let rip, but not a good idea in drink Laughing Out Loud)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimsta wrote:
Cheers PaulB2005, right outside me local boozer Laughing Out Loud, if i aint the first to submit it i'd laugh me head off as i am in the boozer when i see em set up hahaha (Thought about coming out half sozzled and let rip, but not a good idea in drink Laughing Out Loud)
No Chance - all the teetotallers got home to their computers hours before you finished your last pint, just wait and see if I ain't right! Dedication, young man, not intoxication!! (I can just hear Brian Clough saying that, can't you?)

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too sure - if it's outside your local boozer, it's right in the middle of a very public place.

...and sometimes the guys who install them report them before you can even say GATSO. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

...I could tell you another story, but Dennis has heard it more than enough and keeps reminding me Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry to pee on your fireworks, but sometimes life just isn't fair Crying or Very sad

Having said that, I wish you well with your submission
bif
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise my subscription had expired! Although I guess I tend to travel the same routes so I have not noticed any change in the cameras. I am sad though that the monthly subscription has gone as I was subscribed for a year until it finished in July. I can't now afford to pay £19.00 with no work and on incapacity. The cheaper option of monthly would have been great. I do understand your decision as you put alot of hard work into doing the database and the last thing you want is it bootlegged around. I have over the year tried to submit cameras but am totally rubbish at it!!!! Not for want of trying though. Sadly my database will have to remain out of date as I cannot pay for a year.

I shall just have to keep my eyes peeled rather than have it updated!! Thankyou though for supplying me with my speed camera alerts for the last year and I hope that I will be able to afford to use your database sometime soon.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
My God! Isn't this painful to watch?

I had to turn my computer off earlier and walk away Crying or Very sad

Some people are just so tight that their **** squeaks when they walk, but the sad thing is that the very same people are more than happy to spend £19 on take aways, a round of drinks or other 'essentials'.

Dennis, you ought to chase your insurance company and be firm (like you were with your earlier posting) - if nothing else, you can tell them that they're not this slow in extracting your premium, remind them who pays their wages and tell them that there are plenty of other insurance companies to choose from.

Alternatively, you could prevent yourself appearing on any insurance blacklist by politely requesting another claim form Laughing Laughing

Seriously, though, polite but firm usually works - provided that you're not rude and don't swear because you never know if your call is the one that's being recorded....and when they say it's recorded for "training purposes" it's really recorded to make sure callers aren't abusive and some companies use voice analysis to get an idea if a claim is genuine.

...but you need a claims form before you can even get the ball rolling Rolling Eyes
bif
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
DennisN wrote:
My God! Isn't this painful to watch?

I had to turn my computer off earlier and walk away Crying or Very sad

Some people are just so tight that their **** squeaks when they walk, but the sad thing is that the very same people are more than happy to spend £19 on take aways, a round of drinks or other 'essentials'.

I would like to point out that £19 for me buys over a weeks shopping or buys me two weeks of electric and gas. I havne't bought a takeaway or a round of drinks in lord knows how long, I wish I could. Not everyone is like that. If I had £19 spare I would subscribe happily. Infact I have even considered selling my GPS so I could pay my car tax. Thankfully I managed to sell some other stuff to raise that money. I think the price of the database for a year is bloody excellent, it has never let me down. If people who have the money think its too steep then I guess they will then have a little extra to put forward to pay their fines next time they are flashed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 15 of 32

Jump to: