Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help please questions re cameras and usa maps go 700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help please questions re cameras and usa maps go 700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob5059
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Help please questions re cameras and usa maps go 700 Reply with quote

Hi I am not the brightest pin in the pack when it comes to GPS and wondered could I have a bit of help please.

I have a go 700. First of all I have a safety camera data installed this gives an alarm when approaching a safety camera. My Daughters One version 3 when she approaches a camera gives an alarm and also tells her the authorised speed and her speed, also hers gives an alarm when she is exceeding the speed limit. This was installed when she bought it. Can my go 700 do this please?

I have some USA maps on an SD card which I use with Tomtom that is on my PDA. Can I transfer these maps to the hard drive on my GO 700 without any problems?

Thanks in anticipation.

Rob
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overspeed warnings were introduced with version 6 software by offering a visual only prompt of your speed and the limit, if you exceed the limit it changes to red and starts to flash if you go even further over the limit.
Version software also introduced the audio over speed warning in addition to the visual alert. Both version 6 and 7 speed related warnings are dependent upon the map you have installed as the speed information is contained within the map. So in order to use this functionality may require a newer map than you currently have theis will cost money, the functionality in the software is however free. At this time of writing only version 6 software is available for your device so at best you could only achieve the visual warning.

Speed Camera warnings with spoken alerts are certainly possible on your device as it currently stands, download and install the Speed Zoned database from this site, the download and install a set of ogg spoken alerts, for more detailed information on doing this and setting it up see the FAQ page in the sticky threads at the top of this forum section index.
USA maps could be put on the device and so long as you activate them they will be OK, remember to remove them from the PDA in order to stay within the scope of the license - Mike
rob5059
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Mike for the full and constructive answer. I will give it a go.

Regards.

Rob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: