Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is my new TT520 faulty? won't boot with SD card inserted.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is my new TT520 faulty? won't boot with SD card inserted.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with all you say...
Here's the text of a report I sent to TT a few days ago.
If you think the ideas make sense, please email TT and add more weight to the campaign.

Quote:
Here are some bug reports and a suggestion for a major change to the audio system user interface.

1) Text to Speech voices are too loud compared to "real" voices. Would not be a great problem except that some POI warning sounds are now almost inaudible when volume is set to a comfortable level for the voice.

2) Text to speech voices are distorted.

3) "Disable voice" menu option does not stop instructions from TTS voices (even though "you did not select a usable voice" is displayed when you tap bottom left of screen. This just seems to be a bug. "Real" voices DO mute.

4) Due to #3 above, there is NO way to get uninterrupted music when using TTS. See suggestion below.

5) Audiobooks not seen on SD card

6) Some mp3 ID tags not read properly (seems to be when there is information in the "comments" field) Causes errors in artiste name.

7) FM audio is generally too quiet.

Suggestion 1:
In order to resolve the problems with varying volume levels between different Navigation voices, POI Warning sounds, Hands free voice and now mp3/audiobook playback and iPod audio, may I suggest a new "volume controls" page (much like for a PC soundcard), with four (or more) individual sliders.
The main volume control accessed from the main screen could then be available as an overall level for the built-in speaker only, and the volume controls seen on other pages (such as the "hidden" hands-free volume and the slider on the Juke box page) could be just their specific control.

Suggestion 2:
There is an option when using a Bluetooth speaker to NOT pause the music when a navigation instruction or POI warning sound occurs.
As we are quite used to setting a reasonable volume on NORMAL car radio and still hear the TomTom's instructions, please could this "do not pause" be offered on the FM output as well?
Or even more simply, is there any reason why you could not just have an overall option as to whether or not to pause audio on ANY output when instructions occur.

I hope your software designers can consider these suggestions.
guygamps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of track record do they have of taking on board such suggestions? Since they haven't even fixed important bugs (such as 4 out of 6 POI categories under "Drive to help" are missing, what chance is there they will take on board such suggestions.

The loudness of the spoken instructions compared with music playback (which is too quiet) and the constant interruptions to music playback render the MP3 player on board the unit to be of very limited use.

Guy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We fully understand that you are not completely satisfied with the quality of our product. We at TomTom aim always to provide the highest quality products and service. We will continue to release software updates for our devices, available via TomTom HOME, and make improvements where necessary.

We greatly appreciate feedback from our customers concerning such matters as mentioned and thank you for your comments.

Please feel free to contact us again, should you have any further questions or feedback in the future.

I think I've had about a dozen of this exact reply... so in answer to your question, track record=zero.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: