Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - English Computer Voice for 520/720 (doesn't work)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

English Computer Voice for 520/720 (doesn't work)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zYx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: English Computer Voice for 520/720 (doesn't work) Reply with quote

Hi,

any chance that somebody who have these voices, could share with me as I lost main?

My e-mail is:
Code:
thenatureone@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Last edited by zYx on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find a copy of the Computer voices in the TTS folder on the disk that was supplied with your device, please note it is not a good idea to post full e-mail address in the forum as it can cause spam to your account, I have editted it accordingly - Mike
zYx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
You will find a copy of the Computer voices in the TTS folder on the disk that was supplied with your device, please note it is not a good idea to post full e-mail address in the forum as it can cause spam to your account, I have editted it accordingly - Mike

How do I install them?

Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got TomTom Home installed to the PC, if not install it from the supplied disk, leave the disk in the PC and connect the TomTom device to the PC, when it has finished updates etc click the "Install to TomTom" displayed on the left part of the Home application, on the center section make sure that TomTom CD is highlighted at the top, now scroll down the list to be presented with the computer voices, select the one you want then press the Install arrow in green top right of the middle screen - Mike
zYx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have you got TomTom Home installed to the PC, if not install it from the supplied disk, leave the disk in the PC and connect the TomTom device to the PC, when it has finished updates etc click the "Install to TomTom" displayed on the left part of the Home application, on the center section make sure that TomTom CD is highlighted at the top, now scroll down the list to be presented with the computer voices, select the one you want then press the Install arrow in green top right of the middle screen - Mike

Thanks very much ;) I found it, however this voice won't work on my device for some reason.
Any ideas?
I keep western & central europe map on a microSD 2gb card and all voices on internal memory.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure you can do this (yet).

On the OTHER models that have both internal flash memory and SD card slot you could only use one or the other, so if you installed a map on a card, you had to have the entire operating system on the card too.

With the new x20 models, that's no longer the case. You can have the map and program on the flash, and mp3s for the jukebox on the card for example.

But we are still learning exactly what you can and can't have in each place (for example you can't have audiobooks on the SD card yet - an obvious bug in the software.
As an experiment, try switching to the Western Europe map that came installed on the flash memory and see if the voices work then.
Assuming they do, next you could try putting the voices on the card as well (if you've got room).
zYx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the following: formatted internal memory, extracted the OS onto a memory card along with the map. I keep most important things on the memory card and less important such as photos or car cursors on internal memory and all seems to be working fine now. Weird Rolling Eyes

Thanks for help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: