Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Home V2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Home V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minidish
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Tom Tom Home V2 Reply with quote

Tom Tom Home V2.

Been using Home v1.5 fairly regularly but never got any notice of updates for home v2 whilst using my new TTONE V3, then the other day a friend who was having problems with Windows Vista asked if he could use my PC with Windows XP to check for updates etc for his TTONE XL.

Whilst his unit was connected I was notified that V2 was available, due to time restrictions I thought I would download the update later and let my friend get he's updates.

No matter how many times I connected my unit I never received notification of new home update. so the day after my friend connected he's unit and sure enough the home update was available.

I have now managed to update to Home v2 on 2 networked PC's and a laptop but all had to be completed with the TTONE XL connected.

All is working ok now even the map share.

Not sure why it would not update with new TTONE?

Anyone managed to update TTHOME to version 2 using the new TTONE V3?

Regards
Paul
CamerAlert on Galaxy S2
Wife 4 backup
jlongbot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi this is my fist post so be gentle with me :grin:
My One second edition downloaded the HOME v2 update straight away on my laptop and PC running XP no trouble but after installing it my ONE is totally wrecked and will not get past the splash screen.
I have been talking to TT about it and have yet to get a satisfactory answer out of them; I have done everything they suggested and still no working ONE :sad:
The latest suggestion was to remove all the files (not folders) from the download sub-folder on the ONE and then download and run HOME v1.5 to pick up the updates. This has not worked. Any ideas on how to get things back to normal anyone?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you had the new device, to be honest I would take it back to where you got it from and demand a replacement, this is probably the easiest option - Mike
Scirocco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlongbot wrote:
The latest suggestion was to remove all the files (not folders) from the download sub-folder on the ONE and then download and run HOME v1.5 to pick up the updates. This has not worked. Any ideas on how to get things back to normal anyone?

Got the same sterling piece of advice myself today because my V3 keeps rebooting. Follwed their support services' advice, the same as they gave you, and the unit was screwed up completely. I just reinstalled a back-up I made ealier to get it to work again but I am not a happy bunny.

Tomtom V3, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!........

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: