Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Opinion Needed for Battery Development
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinion Needed for Battery Development

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionBattery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Opinion Needed for Battery Development Reply with quote

Good evening!

We are looking for input from GPS users to assist us in our battery development.

To begin with, let me introduce myself.... I am Mark Fabian of Lion Battery Inc. We are the online wholesaler/distributor for Mugen Power batteries (http://www.unifirm.com). For those who do not know Mugen Power products, we make high capacity batteries for Pocket PC's, Smartphones, Portable DVD Players, etc. Basically, if it is a portable electronic device, we probably make a high capacity battery for it.

Now I'm not here to sell anything to anyone. My goal is to get customer input into our product development. We are presently developing high capacity batteries for several GPS devices, but we'd love to hear comments from users to help us set a priority on which model should be developed first.

Right now we have in development high capacity batteries for the following devices:

1. Mio C220
2. Mio C320, C323, C520, C520t, C720
3. Mio H610
4. Garmin nuvi 200, 250, 270
5. Garmin nuvi 300, 310, 350, 360, 370
6. Asus SI02
7. Gigabyte G-Smart t600
8. Gigabyte G-Smart i300

However, we cannot develop all of these items at the same time. So I am looking for consumer input as to what should be the order of priority. I'd love to hear what you feel are the 3 or 4 most popular devices that we should be working on. The others will be developed, just not at the beginning.

Please feel free to express yourselves and let us know. We'd love to hear from the users of these devices so now is your chance to be heard by a major manufacturer.

If you have comments or questions, please let me know. We'll be glad to answer.

Thanks for your help!

Mark
Lion Battery Inc.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, Welcome to the forum and I take it you are recovering well from the recent scare?
On to your question, I have little personal interest in the products you list BUT will you be supplying instructions for changing the battery? - the reason I ask is the Nuvi 310 for example has no way of changing the internal cell - I guess you should look at the devices in the list and determine whether a user can "swap out" a battery before going to the expense of development - Mike
LionBattery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Mark, Welcome to the forum and I take it you are recovering well from the recent scare?
On to your question, I have little personal interest in the products you list BUT will you be supplying instructions for changing the battery? - the reason I ask is the Nuvi 310 for example has no way of changing the internal cell - I guess you should look at the devices in the list and determine whether a user can "swap out" a battery before going to the expense of development - Mike

You know that is a good point. I agree that instructions should be included and I will make certain that a small instruction page (if possibel with photos) is included. I really like the idea.

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: