Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Go 720 - Bluetooth problem?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Go 720 - Bluetooth problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abarrett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: TT Go 720 - Bluetooth problem? Reply with quote

Ive recently bought a TomTom Go 720 to replace my aging PDA system.

Everything seems fine except for a problem with the hands-free bluetooth system. I can pair up my Samsung U600 no problems at all, and Ive tried to both make a call and recieve a call - both crystal clear and fine.

However, when I turn off the TomTom and turn it back on again, it still has my phones details but just cannot connect to it. Everytime I turn the TomTom on and off I have to delete the phone and re-connect to make it work.

It is not a problem with the phone as I have set it to auto-detect, and authorise my TomTom etc.

Can anyone help? Why do I have to delete and re-pair my phone all the time when I turn off the TomTom.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: TT Go 720 - Bluetooth problem? Reply with quote

abarrett wrote:
Ive recently bought a TomTom Go 720 to replace my aging PDA system.

Everything seems fine except for a problem with the hands-free bluetooth system. I can pair up my Samsung U600 no problems at all, and Ive tried to both make a call and recieve a call - both crystal clear and fine.

However, when I turn off the TomTom and turn it back on again, it still has my phones details but just cannot connect to it. Everytime I turn the TomTom on and off I have to delete the phone and re-connect to make it work.

It is not a problem with the phone as I have set it to auto-detect, and authorise my TomTom etc.

Can anyone help? Why do I have to delete and re-pair my phone all the time when I turn off the TomTom.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Please have a look in This thread, May be of some help.

Off Topic Thanks for the E-mail mikealder, works a treat now. Laughing Laughing
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
abarrett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the tip Reply with quote

Does it matter though that I dont currently have an SD card in my TomTom, I am only using the internal memory?
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the tip Reply with quote

abarrett wrote:
Does it matter though that I dont currently have an SD card in my TomTom, I am only using the internal memory?

I dont think so, The Clear Flash tool is always worth a try when nothing else works. Has saved alot of people sending their unit back to TT for repair. Remember to do a back-up first before any big changes.
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a similiar problem with my N95... It worked, then I updated firmware and it stopped... The unit got sent away to TT for repair, then when it came back (Minus it's config), it connected to the N95 again fine... Worked for 2 days then mysteriously stopped again... Just sits there saying connecting/connected/lost connection/connecting/connected etc... Ad nauseum...

Something wrong with bluetooth maybe?
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamie wrote:
I've got a similiar problem with my N95... It worked, then I updated firmware and it stopped... The unit got sent away to TT for repair, then when it came back (Minus it's config), it connected to the N95 again fine... Worked for 2 days then mysteriously stopped again... Just sits there saying connecting/connected/lost connection/connecting/connected etc... Ad nauseum...

Something wrong with bluetooth maybe?

Have you run the Clear Flash tool since you got your device back and also what model is it.
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if1977 wrote:

Have you run the Clear Flash tool since you got your device back and also what model is it.

no, I assume they ran it at TT as it came back without any config on it... It just stopped again today after working from thursday to sunday, so haven't tried running clear flash myself...

It's a TT720 firmware 7.221. With a 1GB SD card in it.
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.

I've run clear flash on the unit. And bluetooth to the N95 works again. Lets see how long that lasts this time...

H
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamie wrote:
OK.

I've run clear flash on the unit. And bluetooth to the N95 works again. Lets see how long that lasts this time...

H

Did you remember to do a Factory Reset straight after. Wink
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit strange this time...

Yesterday

Ran clear flash.
Did factory reset... Lost everything of course...

Setup by hand. No restore.

Linked with my phone... No wireless data, no voice data... Toggled BT on/off, etc. No change. Gave up.

Today.

This morning, tried it again... Started the TT720. re-enabled traffic. It connected & now asks for my email address and password. Put those in and now it's working again...

Wonder how long that'll go for, I suspect it'll break again either tonight or tomorrow... Not sure I really want to run clearFlash daily...
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you use the internet on your phone alot at the same time you are using your TT as that can cause some problems because you can only have one internet connection at a time on some phones. Confused
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the result is.... It worked for less than a day... Then back to the usual connect/disconnect./connect/disconnect rubbish. I've been through this twaddle about 4 times now... It works for one or two journeys and then fries itself again...

Sodding thing is more trouble than it's worth. However not sure it's all TT's fault since my sons N80 works fine with it... Maybe I'll swap him for a crappy N95. That'll make his day.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: