Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Traffic Disabled
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic Disabled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deep-6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Traffic Disabled Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm hoping you kind folk can help me. I've just become the owner of a brand new Go 720, and I've been trying to start up the free traffic trial but with no luck. I also own TomTom Navigator/Mobile 6 for my PDA, and last year I registered with myTomTom and added that product there.

Since having the GO 720, I changed the device in my TomTom, entered the new device code and it shows my 720 as my device. If I click on "Activate your Trial" I get taken to a page with instructions on starting traffic from the Go. There's also a box to enter a TomTom promotion..so I'm entering here a code I received in the GO 720 package on a leaflet entitled "Receive Free services). However the code gives the following error upon submission:

Promotion code does not exist or promotion has ended.

So firstly, I am entering the code as per the leaflet, and secondly I'm not sure if I'm putting it into the right place on the TomTom website. Also following the instructions on that page from the GO, I can sign on via paired N73, but I get an error saying traffic is disabled.

So, am I doing everything correctly to start up the free traffic trial? If its my code, has it simply just expired. Its a brand new GO, and has never been opened, and also I have never tried to use tomtom traffic up till now.

Any suggestions gratefully received!! :-)

Thanks!
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they know about the problem ,also i think you need to have another email address for your 720 ..thats what i had to do
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm assuming your getting this page when you login and click to activate your trial.

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/info.php?t=trial

As far as I know, in the past anyway, you don't enter a code you just click on the activate your trial link in the right hand column. You will only see the right hand column if you are logged in.

HTH
Deep-6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hello SpikeyMikey, thanks for the response... in fact yesterday evening a friend called TomTom about his new GO 720, and they basically confirmed what another thread in the TomTom forum said about there no longer being a traffic trial for the GO x20 series :-(

he's taken the plunge and bought traffic for a year, I'll have to see how useful he finds it first before I do the same..

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: