Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x20 Wishlist, Quirks & Bugs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x20 Wishlist, Quirks & Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WafuDude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no consolation, I know, but your problems mirror mine exactly. Lets hope we do not have to wait 2 weeks for them to resolve it.

Whst IS it about the "yes" / "no" option that prevents me from selecting "no"????? Rolling Eyes
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WafuDude wrote:
It's no consolation, I know, but your problems mirror mine exactly. Lets hope we do not have to wait 2 weeks for them to resolve it.

Whst IS it about the "yes" / "no" option that prevents me from selecting "no"????? Rolling Eyes
Simple common sense - your human logic says if you click "NO" you won't get anything, but if you click "YES" you will achieve the result you desire, namely to download the file which TT Home says you need in order to progress.

Go ahead, click "NO" and guess what? You don't get anything. And you don't get to operate your GO. So click "YES" again to see if it works next time. When it doesn't, you could try another approach - Don't connect your GO first - simply fire up TT Home and then when it says plug in a GO, maybe your "operate your GO" button and download will work, you crafty beggar, you. But it doesn't, you sucker!!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
how can I disconnect without a button for disconnect??
It doesn't have a button. It is now a Menu Item under Device.

A step backwards in my opinion.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
DennisN wrote:
how can I disconnect without a button for disconnect??
It doesn't have a button. It is now a Menu Item under Device.

A step backwards in my opinion.
What I should have said, is that when it goes Kerlunk, it closes and I'm back to PC Desktop with no TT Home to look into menu items under anything!!

Anyway, I can't take this up with Tom Tom, because to get to them you need to go through the support rubbish, and to go through the support rubbish, you need to select your model and they have not yet added the 720 to the models to select!! Rolling Eyes So, SODIT, I'm going to uninstall Home 2 and install either from the 720 or from the CD - don't care which, either one of them is bound to be better than the non worker I've got right now!

Before I do that Oldboy have YOU done that download of what you need to "operate your GO"?

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I've got Home back up and running as follows (Note - it's taken me four hours of trial and error, doing, re-doing and a certain amount of cursing).

Basically, I have reverted to Home v1.6 and GO720 v7.000. Various combinations of updates came to grief.

1. Uninstalled Home, using Control Panel.
2. Installed Home 1.6 from the CD which came with GO720.
3. Copied trusty Win Explorer backup from 3pm today (prior to v7.010) back onto GO720.

This was not without much "mistakes" - I had to uninstall both Home versions more than once. And I once had to uninstall two versions at once.
What I think I've got now is a combination which allows the GO720 to receive Map corrections and to operate a virtual GO720 on the PC. AND to connect my GO710 too. I'm not entirely sure Home is as stable as before 3pm today - before Home 2 and GO720 7.010. But it sure as H.. seems to work again at last. Of course, I again have to leave my softy pants SD card (MP3s) out of the device until after I've powered it up.

These combinations don't work (for me) ...
Home 1.6 with GO 7.010
Home 2 with GO 7.010
Home 2 with GO 7.000

I MUST NOT allow Home to install the update to Home 2 or it all goes pear-shaped again.
I MUST install Home 1.6 only from the CD which came in the GO720 box.
I MUST NOT allow the GO720 to initiate installation of Home (on a clean, "homeless" PC), because, although it indicates it's installing Home 1.5, at some point it scoots off to TT website and downloads Home2.

It HAS downloaded Home 2 and it's sitting there on my PC just waiting to bite my legs - asks every time if I'd like to install the new version of Home. It's gotta be kidding. And the 7.010 GO update is also sitting waiting, licking its lips every time I pass.

ARE YOU READING THIS Mr TOM TOM? I really hope so. But in any event, I'm sticking with the setup I've got until I find some good assurances that the problems have been sorted out. It was NOT a good idea of you to wipe my old Home when installing Home 2 - Yes, you asked, but why would I need two Homes? So I said OK. ONLY AFTER it was over did you let drop the fact that Home2 isn't compatible with my GO710. Not good enough.

Esparkie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a spectacular crash with my 720 last night after updating to 7.010 and the latest version of Home! When I switched the 720 on it hung at the splash screen and then I couldn't turn it off by pressing the on/off switch but only by using the reset switch. Tried turning it back on and it hung again at the splash screen.

I put it into the docking station and turned it on and it made a connection to my PC. I then copied a back up on to the TomTom (using WE) only to be told that it couldn't copy certain files due to a corruption. Tried deleting the files on TomTom and copying again. It turned out that 6 files wouldn't delete and hence I couldn't copy the backup on to the TomTom to restore them. Well, actually they initially appeared to delete but then reappeared reporting they were 0 kb in size. However, looking at the available storage space they were still jamming up the internal storage. One of the files included a PGW camera file! In the end, I had to reformat the TomTom's internal memory before I could copy the backup.

Luckily everything has come back together and the device is working again but still have a problem connecting to either version of Home. It really is a cr*p piece of software.

Mark
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a spectacular crash to day. Whilst on hands free, Vera said " .... then we can g. g. g. g. g. g. g. g." and the GO720 carried on saying g. g. g. no matter what I did. I even switched off, but it wouldn't go beyond the suspend screen, still g. g. g. Couldn't do anything else until I reached a safe pull off, g. g. g. -ing all the way at volume. I stopped it by holding the power off button down until it stopped. When I switched on again I had to reset the time. Then I had no sound on hands free. Several attempts to get back to Vera who would be worried the cut off was possibly worse than mere signal drop, but no luck. Eventually got it back together with reset for maybe 20 seconds.
Disappointing? Well, I can keep my head when it crashes at home when I'm in my computer room with a fridge full of Stellas, like the 4 or 5 hours last night. But out on the road I feel abandoned and unloved. GRRR.

J_E_F_F
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calculator
teecee90
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FM transmitter doesn't work too well for me. I get constant backgroung "noise" through my radio as if the signal is weak.....doesn't seem to make any difference what frequency I use.

Not sure if it is the Go or my Car that is the problem.......there is no external radio aerial on my car that I can see.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you? 88.0 FM was ideal for me, except in the bowels of London.

An external aerial looks a bit like one of those sticks you grow beans up, only mostly thinner and shorter. Sometimes it's just a little bobble like a wart on the paintwork that erupts into a bigger stick thing when you turn the radio on. Some of the latest look like a shark's fin on the roof. Some of the others look like the wire things to warm your window up. Have another look. Very Happy

teecee90
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Where are you? 88.0 FM was ideal for me, except in the bowels of London.

An external aerial looks a bit like one of those sticks you grow beans up, only mostly thinner and shorter. Sometimes it's just a little bobble like a wart on the paintwork that erupts into a bigger stick thing when you turn the radio on. Some of the latest look like a shark's fin on the roof. Some of the others look like the wire things to warm your window up. Have another look. Very Happy

Im in Peterborough - just a mile up the road from Handtec.........guess where I will be going at the weekend?

I've got a feeling that the radio aerial is built into the rear windscreen heater......or something like that....
teecee90
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more bugs / faults identified today:

1. Volume problems when using the "link to noise" option. Instructions start off loud then get softer

2. Spoken texts do not work with my Nokia 6280 despite being included on the tomtom compatibility list

3. Handsfree calling results in a "buzzing" sound heard by the person on the other end of the call

4. Handsfree calling just doesn't work at all when the battery life is at or below about 50%
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teecee90 wrote:
Im in Peterborough - just a mile up the road from Handtec.........guess where I will be going at the weekend?
It doesn't look like the sort of place that would be open at weekends, or indeed ever to public callers.

If you do go round, may I advise "reasonable" and "pleasant"? I don't expect they'll have many tech people around to look into your problem. I dealt with them by email VERY successfully - my first email 11am, 20th, delivery of new and collection of old 8:20am, 22nd. Might I suggest a sweetness and light email, including the information, not pushy, that you live round the corner and are happy to save them the cost of shipping a replacement.

Hallo Granny, want an egg? Sorry for that!!

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teecee90 wrote:

1. Volume problems when using the "link to noise" option. Instructions start off loud then get softer

2. Spoken texts do not work with my Nokia 6280 despite being included on the tomtom compatibility list
1. Do NOT link volume to noise - if you haven't got a pet helicopter inside the vehicle, it'll think it's quiet and turn the volume down.

2A. Voice Preferences, Speech preferences - Read aloud incoming messages.
AND
2B. Mobile Phone, Phone preferences, Message Preferences, Automatically read aloud incoming messages. Daft, isn't it?

teecee90
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
teecee90 wrote:

1. Do NOT link volume to noise - if you haven't got a pet helicopter inside the vehicle, it'll think it's quiet and turn the volume down.

2A. Voice Preferences, Speech preferences - Read aloud incoming messages.
AND
2B. Mobile Phone, Phone preferences, Message Preferences, Automatically read aloud incoming messages. Daft, isn't it?

1. I like my music loud ..... Smile

2A. Done that ....

2B. Done that as well ......

Strangeley....it will read sent messages but doesnt even see the message inbox on my phone

Oh....and I always try the sweetness and light approach first...... Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: