Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tt300 glare on screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tt300 glare on screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NO_MAD
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: tt300 glare on screen Reply with quote

Hi All

I believe you can get a surround for a tt300 to stop the glare from the sun
can any one help with info?

Thankyou
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Googling for it. Trouble is, the 300 is now "old" - there have been two ranges of newer models and I can't see any visors from the firm who used to do them - Drumma.

I think you'll probably have to settle for Fleabay! Take care to get the right one, though (not for 510/710/910 which are the current visor models).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other one to look at is the Glare Stomper 316 is listed for the Go-300, I have used these before on a number of devices and like the way they offer additional screen protection when the device is not in use.

The fabric that forms the Glare Stomper body folds in across the screen - a neat idea and quite effective in use - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bugs me is that TT (and presumably other manufacturers) tell you not to have the device in the sunshine heat. Where do we all mount them (using the TT provided mount)? On the windscreen, which is very often the sunniest, hottest place in the vehicle. Yet as far as I know, nobody sells a heat repelling visor - I did contact one visor seller about it without result - they just did the glare. All it needs is an all-over heat reflecting visor with an air gap between it and the device. If I did DIY with screwdrivers and stuff, I could make one myself. But I don't, so I can't. Crying or Very sad And my devices steam!! Especially since they're all finished in heat absorbent black!! Rolling Eyes When I take the 720 off the mount and pop it conveniently in my shirt pocket, it warms the cockles of my heart!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: