Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 6: How to get Speedcam locations onto map?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 6: How to get Speedcam locations onto map?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russkly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Destinator 6: How to get Speedcam locations onto map? Reply with quote

Daft newbie question, no doubt, but I've downloaded the speedcam database (Europe) and followed the Destinator-specific instructions on how to import the database into My Favourites.
It's all there in Favourites, but, embarassing question, how do I get the speedcam icons to show up on the maps?
Do I need to convert the database into POI from Favourites, or similar?
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but I'm driving to Manchester tomorrow and am looking to use the new software on my iPAQ Hx4700 for the first time, and I'm out tonight, so have little time.
Appreciate any guidance...!
R
Russkly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now I understand!
The spedd cam database stays in Favourites, and the icons show up only when they're in range.
A couple of questions, though:
What is the difference between the "_pmobile" and the "_sc" databases?
Also, I have downloaded and installed on the PDA (iPAQ Hx4700) the icons for the 2 different types of speed cams. One of the icons (the one for _pmobile) loads fine, but when I select the special icon for the _sc database the icon is available under "Edit Group", but, when I select it and save, there is no icon shown in the Favourites list. It lets me use another icon from the default list, but not the specific icon for the database, which I installed.
Any ideas?
R
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed cameras are put in the database, when they have been verified, you would be supprised how many people report CCTV cameras and those signs that flash up "SLOW DOWN" etc, so every camera position needs to be confermed. Mobile cameras also need to be confirmed, but as the camera may only be there for a few hours, it becomes difficult to confirm, so, the pmobile database is a database of mobile cameras, that have NOT been confirmed. If it is a definate location of where a mobile camera if often placed, it will be in the database, if it is not confirmed, it is in the pmobile database. There was a big argument about the pmobiles a few months ago, some wanted the unconfirmed cameras, some didn't, so it was made into a seperate catagory, personally, I don't use them.
Russkly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Tanda.
Makes sense, and I will probably only use the _sc database too - too many alerts otherwise, and there may well be no camera there.
R

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: