Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems with Anquet on Mio A701
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with Anquet on Mio A701

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crazymeg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Problems with Anquet on Mio A701 Reply with quote

I am a new user to Anquet having previously used Memory Map 5, and currently wondering why I gave Anquet my hard earned cash.

I have it setup on NMEA, Com2 at 57600 and it finds the inbuilt GPS, but the only way of actually getting a fix is to load TT or MM5 first. Then go back to Anquet and it works. Run Anquet on its own and it sits there saying 'GPS not in use'

I also find that once Livetrack is enabled, all the other options under the GPS menu are grey'ed out!!! I have no idea why as it means you cannot choose navigate or Virtual GPS or anything else.

Anquet support so far have given fairly poor advice so does anybody out there know how I can make this work on my A701.

I went for Anquet based on their 25,000 scale pricing. I am feeling this was a bad decision, because MM5 worked really well.

Any help greatfully received!!

Andy.. Crying or Very sad
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to have a working port in order for Anquet to work.. In my case I need to have the BT link to the GPS established before starting Anquet. I don't know how this works with internal GPS units. make sure you don't have any other apps using GPS in memory - i.e. EXIT other apps prior to starting Anquet

Virtual GPS and Navigate should still be available options after selecting Live Track- you will need them to help you navigate with the device. If they aren't then you need to e-mail Anquet support - telling them what PDA you are on (inc OS version etc) I have found them very helpful in the past. I was in constant 'discussion' with them from the first release of V6 as my GPS units and my PDA (DELL AXIM X51v) were not supported correctly. Since about 6.0.8 I have had no problems.

You may want tot try a re-install using the latest download. I find it best to de-install the existing PDA version before transferring the PDA version. Don't forget to re-send the licence info to your PDA

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Anquet All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: