Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ANQUET National parks + XDA PRO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ANQUET National parks + XDA PRO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: ANQUET National parks + XDA PRO Reply with quote

I have installed Anquet onto my xda pro which uses windows mobile 5.
I have installed the main application onto the actual device but with the maps i wanted to have them on the memory card so save memory.

I have copied over the:
detailed gazetteer
height 50m
OS 1-50.000
os GB map overview
licence

do I need to move across a database and for that matter, what is a database Laughing Laughing the problem is telling the application where the maps are, how do you tell Pocket Anquet where the memory card is Question

When I open Anquet all I get is a white screen Question
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Anquet on the PPC to be a bitof a pain to get going.

I don't have an SD card with Anquet maps on me at present but I think you need to create a folder on the memory card called something like "Anquet Map Data"

Perhaps a way of doing this would be copy over a sub-set of a map from Anquet on the PC to your PPC using the facility provided by Anquet. This uses ActiveSync to do the transfer - so i isn't quick - usea small area!

You should be prompted to put it on main memory or storage card IIRC.

A quick check on the memory card should reveal the location it's using!

As for databases - take time to work with these. They are very counter intuituve and there is next to no help available but - this is where you can organise your waypoints, routes and tracks. It allows you to get over limitation in some hand held GPS systems (e.g. 500 waypoints) by having selected sets of them available for planning purposes. I tend to create a new database for each walk - allowing me to easily recover a preious route etc should the need arise.

Copying over a database allows you access to all the info you created on the PC (waypoints, routes etc) in case you need tomake changes when out and about
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Phil,
Even though Anquet state on their website that they get back to you within 2 days, they take over a week, last night I had an email from them.
The problem was that on my storage card I had put the maps in a folder called Anquet Maps but I needed another folder in that one called something like Maps V06 and then the maps put in there so now it all works. I'm going to take a look at the help page on databases later on. When I first bought Anquet it didn't work and I lost interest so never used it, in fact I uninstalled it from the PC so now its all working properly i'm going to have a good old bash at it Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Anquet All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: