Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does this look straight to you???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does this look straight to you???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
Good luck, DennisN - Sir, or should it be Sir DennisN!
I think Sir will do (with a bit of humble forelock tugging, too).
Superdom wrote:
Mike, How far can I go with Rent a DentN befor I get barred?
Don't worry, Son of Batman - you're really quite safe. I think the more likely question is how moderate can I get before I get reduced to the ranks with a small smack to go with it.

AND it has taken me 10 minutes to suss out Lost_Property's personalised plate for me - slow. Crying or Very sad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
...Don't worry, Son of Batman - you're really quite safe. I think the more likely question is how moderate can I get before I get reduced to the ranks with a small smack to go with it...

It's "son of Jur-El" for accuracy but Batman is close enough!
Where is the thread I can read, about the auguration of DentN to Moderator because I obviously missed that, could have been some good reading.

Or is it that it's accually you as uncle sam on the left here, and you are now the new face of PGPSW. Wink

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rent a DentN
It's what you need!

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
Where is the thread I can read, about the auguration of DentN to Moderator
It was a very very quiet affair, in a very very dark room, with funny "noises off" stage left (they sounded like "It's either this or he'll keep winning all the monthly competitions!").

I hope some other Mod will come along SOON and lock this to suspend further speculation - can't do it myself, have to declare an interest! Maybe Darren will see this out in Corfu and take pity on me (or sack me).

GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
It was a very very quiet affair, in a very very dark room, with funny "noises off" stage left

Sounds like the "Masons".

Did you have to roll up your trouser leg and do strange things with a cucumber, or was it a case of a small cut in a "sensitive" place with a knife?
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren - HEEEEELP!! Aren't you listening out there? They're trying to cut me now!! Out of here

mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they haven't just made you a moderator. You are now the only mod. A whole site to look after all by your lonesome.

Either that or they have given the king of off topic complete control of the off topic forum, hence not giving you the lock option.

Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I hope some other Mod will come along SOON and lock this to suspend further speculation - can't do it myself, have to declare an interest!

Well it is in the "off topic" area so the rules about locking are some what relaxed! Wink Laughing

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Van Man a moderator - whatever next Rolling Eyes

Would there be any interest if the team considered making these PGPSW car stickers and possibly mouse mats, mugs, T-shirts available to purchase?

Seeing that just about every member other than me has qualified for free membership, this could possibly generate a little income and help me subsidise everybody else's membership as well as being good, cheap publicity Wink
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a pMOT and a pInsurance check.

I know that I would have bought one if they had been on sale at the Sandown Park show instead of freebies. What I DID ask for at the end (when I was NOT winning the raffle) was for them to have T-shirts for sale next time - they and their (family members) helpers all had nice T-shirts. They need to do them in (V, Extra) Large and probably with pension book holders sewn in.

GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
with pension book holders sewn in.

They don't have pension books any more do they? I thought it was all done electronically these days.

...but maybe you could use that pocket for carrying your GPS around instead Dennis Rolling Eyes

...and the question for next month's competition could be "What is DennisN's white van number plate" or "how did DennisN break his windscreen"

on a serious note, Dennis, you were lucky that your windscreen didn't just shatter with a break as dramatic as that - if it had done then you wouldn't have been able to see anything at all.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pT-shirts I like. If I get one, then I'm definatly coming to the next show. It's not that I'll have anything that's not nailed down, it's just some things are worth having.

If you're not careful at exhibitions you often end up walking out with armfulls brochures, panflets, leaflets, keyrings, postcards, carboard cutouts, etc, etc. What you really want is a good momento of the day, thats useful too.

DentN wrote:
They need to do them in (V, Extra) Large and probably with pension book holders sewn in.

How about a pocket for that colostomy bag you haven't got yet.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it clean and non personal or I delete the offending post or lock the topic - this might be the "off topic" area but there are still standards - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, we have sort of credit card things to stick in a reader at the Post Office - Yes, we have bank accounts and could have had our pensions paid into them, but we insisted on having real money, from a real person, in a real local post office (Support your Local Post Office, Yeah!).

I don't know how I would have fared if the windscreen had gone completely - I've never had that happen (they always used to say lean forward and punch a hole through, but with today's strong glass?), but on this occasion there was a hell of a lot of fast traffic all round me when it struck - not a good moment to go blind!

Not (as you all well know) that I was going fast myself. You don't believe it?
How about this screen dump from my trip to Birmingham today? It didn't actually take me that long to do the remaining 3.8 miles, but I'm sure you'll agree I'm no speed merchant.Laughing

We've had dumps of high speed Tom Toms, so this is my counteractive GO710. I assure you it is NOT faked - I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.

GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Support your Local Post Office, Yeah!

Quite right, I totally agree!!

...especially now that Royal Mail are planning to scrap the morning postal delivery and make us all wait until the afternoon. Twisted Evil

This may not be such a big deal for those of us out working, but small businesses waiting for a cheque, customer order or goods could be badly affected - they just seem to keep playing into the hands of their competitors who can and will deliver the next day AND in the morning.

Apart from this, I was standing in a Post Office queue one lunchtime waiting to send a small parcel and the girl at the counter was moaning to her colleague about ho busy it was and what a good idea it would be to stop people posting parcels at lunchtime...and I stood there wondering what planet this woman was on and when the hell I would get to a Post Office to send my parcel if they stopped me doing it at lunchtime.

It would be a lot quicker and easier for me to box it up and give it to the courier who collects from work, but would cost slightly more doing it that way.

Then there are the recent strikes - again playing into the hands of their competitors.

So, whilst I would mainly like to support the local Post Office, I'm a little cynical and see Royal Mail and the Post Office as their own worst enemies.

A few weeks ago, I was watching an article about Royal Mail on one of the Discovery Channels, following a letter from London to Scotland. Whilst there was a lot of high-tech machinery, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

This letter was collected from the post box in London and taken by van to the central sorting office near Gatwick Airport. After being sorted and bagged, the letter was taken by lorry to Stansted Airport in the evening rush hour around the M25 before being flown to Glasgow...spot the weak link(s)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: