Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map wrong one way
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map wrong one way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjm2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Map wrong one way Reply with quote

Discovered an error on the latest map on my 510 yesterday, it attempted to take me the wrong way down a 1 way street entrance, the street is only 1 way for a very short length and both ways the rest, any idea how I can get the tomtom to deal with this correctly?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Map wrong one way Reply with quote

rjm2k wrote:
Discovered an error on the latest map on my 510 yesterday, it attempted to take me the wrong way down a 1 way street entrance, the street is only 1 way for a very short length and both ways the rest, any idea how I can get the tomtom to deal with this correctly?

This is a TeleAtlas, not a TomTom problem. (Have TT bought TA yet?) Except for reporting it to TA, and TT if you want, there's not much you can do. If a MapShare version comes out for the x10 series and you update to compatible maps, you might be able to correct this yourself, depending on how the street has been sectioned. Can you tell me where the road is, its name and which end is two way, and I'll look on the latest maps.
rjm2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Map wrong one way Reply with quote

Hi, it's the bottom end of Cote Lane ls28 5ta , shown pretty much in the middle of this google map with the white car just in front of it, moving up the map, the section from that juntion to the right hand turn is down only, the rest is both ways! It's been changed at some point in the near past. I was heading left to right along the road in the middle (B6157), so not sure why it took the second left rather than the one before, but this image is out of date so that could have been changed too. Apparently, someone actually drove up the wrong way recently, bad idea since the right hand turn just after is a police station!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ls28+5ta&ie=UTF8&ll=53.806239,-1.680549&spn=0.002224,0.004989&t=k&z=18&om=1
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to make sure I understand you, Cote Lane from Dawsons Corner to Bradford Road is one way only in the southbound direction. If this is the case, this error still exists but can be corrected by MapShare.
rjm2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
So to make sure I understand you, Cote Lane from Dawsons Corner to Bradford Road is one way only in the southbound direction. If this is the case, this error still exists but can be corrected by MapShare.

Yes that sounds about right, all I need now is mapshare for the 510!
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjm2k wrote:

And a suitable map, of course. But as you are sure that this layout is correct, I will submit it as a map correction.
rjm2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
rjm2k wrote:

And a suitable map, of course. But as you are sure that this layout is correct, I will submit it as a map correction.

Is mapshare incompatible with the 510 maps? Bit irrelevant anyway as tomtom CS just confirmed that they won't be providing mapshare on older devices, even if it is just a bit of coding that's required Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: