Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help with safety cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help with safety cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for the same procedure as before. Delete all ao*.* in the SAVE directory and copy the ov2 and bmp over after renaming safetycamera ov2 and bmp.

The two installations sound like your problem.
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried deleting the AO** files from the device bit it said ot couldn't for some reason so I put the memory card in my phone and then deleted all the AO** files from there. It did the same thing again, files in use error came up Crying or Very sad
It just doesn't like deleting them AO** files Question
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether we've covered this but why cant you delete via Explorer when connected to your PC. It seems the roundabout way you're doing this is what the problem is. I can't think of anything else.

One of the other threads that I directed you to, can't remember if it was in this one or one of the others you started, ended up with me emailing back the save directory ready to load, do you want to try that? If so I'll PM you my email address so that you can zip up your existing SAVE directory, might be worth letting me see the backed up one you're using as well, so that I can hopefully spot whats wrong. If they're not that big just email them straight.
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cardiff_gareth wrote:
tried deleting the AO** files from the device bit it said ot couldn't for some reason so I put the memory card in my phone and then deleted all the AO** files from there. It did the same thing again, files in use error came up

Do you have CoPilot running whilst you're trying to delete the files?

You could try a soft reset first.
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm away camping for the weekend so won't be going home till Sunday, what i'll do then, if you PM me your email address is send up the save file from the memory card and also the save file that is on the PC.

CoPilot wasn't running when I tried to delete these files. I made sure using explorer in the memory icon Wink
cardiff_gareth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my save file back from Mike but still made no good. It still gives me the error message on start up. Looks like my CoPilot just doesn't like having the speed camera database on it. Can't win them all, shame Crying or Very sad
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in my email, I don't think it's the database or the installation of it. I believe there is something more basically wrong with your setup or a conflict with another programme, which is why I suggested installing one application, testing, then installing the next.

Sorry I couldn't help Crying or Very sad
ShiftyWicket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'file is already in use' error message which can appear on the CoPilot splash screen during startup is usually related to the SD card being locked - the program makes an attempt to integrate the files it has found on the sd card during startup but is unable to do so because the card is write protected. Because it is unable to use them, the program assumes the files are being used for something else, hense the 'File is already in use' error message.
The XDA Pro takes a full sized SD card so make sure that the little slider is down towards the end of the card with the metal contacts always - the card should not be locked when being used for CoPilot.
Unlock it and start the program - should work.

Hope this helps!!
ShiftyWicket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at your other cards it seems like your SD card may be slightly cabbaged - it is coming up with sporadic 'make sure the destination disc is not write-protected' errors which makes it seem to me that the slider on your SD card may be slightly faulty, and it could be that it is getting locked/unlocked when you are taking it out of your device and putting it into your SD card reader, and vice versa, all due to a loose slider. This would be something worth checking (if you are still having problems of course! Wink )
ArchiGent
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Copilot Camera alerts Reply with quote

Hi - Im new, so forgive me if this has already been covered (excellent forum, but quite hard to find specific topics).
I have an xda orbit with copilot live6 - latest camera download from this site and iankb's revised camera icons.
Everything seems to be working - I can see icons on map when driving (when I'm in "where am I" view), on approaching a camera location the Camera Alert "yellow box" pops up and if I have camera POI items ticked I get a blue full screen message as well.
The one irritation I have is that the "yellow box" camera alert pops up for camera locations near the route but not on it. I was on the motorway yesterday and I was getting alerted to 30 and 40 mile/hour cameras on nearby minor roads (I could tell because of iankb's helpful icons). My real question is can you alter the "sensitivity" of the "Camera Alert" feature so that it only tells you of cameras actually on the route?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: