Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO 720's Start Shipping
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO 720's Start Shipping
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few problems are starting to appear, SD cards, Help ME POI & Handfree, as these devices were probably manufactured over three months ago ( Made in China, shipping time, customs, distribution etc ) lets hope there's an update made available very quickly to solve these problems.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
A few problems are starting to appear, SD cards, Help ME POI & Handfree, as these devices were probably manufactured over three months ago ( Made in China, shipping time, customs, distribution etc ) lets hope there's an update made available very quickly to solve these problems.

I've tried all my SD cards and all except my 8Gb SDHC card work fine. What's the issue with Handsfree?
Pads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 0 there is no product code. When I logged on via HOME the software noted I was not using my ONE NE and asked if I wanted to register the new TT720. It automatically updated and put the product code fte. into my profile.
homersolly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren,,

Have you been able to get mp3's on your sd card to play okay on the 720?

Also if I play mp3's via tomtom using FM transmitter will the music be interupted for any directions given?

Thansk

Kevo

Very Happy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homersolly wrote:
Have you been able to get mp3's on your sd card to play okay on the 720?

Yes, loaded a few just now to test and they all played fine. I manually craeted the mp3 folder on the memory card and copied the .mp3's into there. I've also experimented using HOME to see if that is the cause but those files are copied and played Ok also. The only difference with HOME is it creates a folder structure in the MP3 folder for the artists etc.
Quote:
Also if I play mp3's via tomtom using FM transmitter will the music be interupted for any directions given?

Yes, the music is paused whilst the turn instructions are given.
ferretdiver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved the MP3's onto the SD Card using Tomtom Home, they all now appear in individual folders on the card when in the 720. They will play individually but not one after the other. It is like they are all individual play lists. When I put the card in a card reader, nothing shows up on the card. But the music is definitely on the SD card as it doesn't show on the 720 when the card is removed. I am obviously doing something wrong !

Ian.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
SpeedCam wrote:

I've tried all my SD cards and all except my 8Gb SDHC card work fine. What's the issue with Handsfree?

The handsfree problem is here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=58178

The SD cards, when they worked I was able to play MP3 files if they were stored in the correct location \MP3\....

I've tried the following cards:

Sandisk Extreme II 4Gb, this was recognised, and both maps & MP3 files were OK.
Viking 2GB (Rebranded Panasonic) also recognised correctly.
Kingston 256Mb also recognised correctly.

The problem does not appear to be with the cards but the boot process, if these cards are in the 720 when booting an animated image shows you having to remove the card and then a big 'X' appears across the image of the SD card.

My 720 is next to useless since using the Sandisk card, ever since this was inserted I've received 'Unable to store settings, file access error', after which the 720 works OK, I can the power it off and on once and its OK, the second time I power it on it hangs requiring a reset. As the settings were not saved the startup routine starts again.

I have now formatted the internal disk many times and restored both my own back and the one from the Home application. Everytime I get the access error during the setup routine after select the voice type, and this is without an SD card inserted. I suspect that maybe it is trying to write to some internal storage/flash, not the 2GB internal drive. I've now run out of ideas.

It would be good if there was a hard reset option to clear everything both internal disk & and flash memory.
ferretdiver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The problem does not appear to be with the cards but the boot process, if these cards are in the 720 when booting an animated image shows you having to remove the card and then a big 'X' appears across the image of the SD card.

I get the same message/image, so it would appear there is problem with the SD cards in the 720
teecee90
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it necessary to register the 720 on the tomtom web site? If so, I seem to remember DennisN saying that there were problems registering if you had more than one tomtom device.......is that right?

Is it possible to transfer my traffic subscription to the 720 ?

Thanks
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teecee90 wrote:
Is it necessary to register the 720 on the tomtom web site? If so, I seem to remember DennisN saying that there were problems registering if you had more than one tomtom device.......is that right?

Thanks

I have the same problem you can only register 1 device with tomtom

I tried de-registering my 510 but that didn't work so have emailed tomtom for advice

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teecee90 wrote:

Thanks

The traffic issue.

Go to TomTom Plus services site and login.

Select reset traffic service.

You can now enable traffic on your 720

Worked for me.

Once enabled plus services shows you as having a 720.

The registering product did not work for me, but is no big deal.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teecee90 wrote:

Thanks
My problem was that TT require you to have a different account for each device, meaning you need a different e-mail address for each device. Their actual words to me were "If you have five devices, you need five accounts" (and like I said, each account needs its own email address). However, as I understand it, if you dump one device, you can change your account to contain the new device.

My difficulty with this was - if I set up two (indeed now with my new 720, three) email addresses, how do I see if I've got an email? Do I have to continually switch email signups all the day long? Is this an easy situation for all you clever people with many email addresses?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
My difficulty with this was - if I set up two (indeed now with my new 720, three) email addresses, how do I see if I've got an email? Do I have to continually switch email signups all the day long? Is this an easy situation for all you clever people with many email addresses?

You could have a million email accounts for all it matters, but you don't need to check all 1 million email accounts unless you are expecting anything except junk mail.

If you only need a different account just to register a product I would not bother, as what is the benefit?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No benefit to me, none at all. But a pain in the doings. To login to TT for the correct device, I need to use the correct email address and password. I now have three and back when I tried to have the second, I managed to cock it up and ended up with both the maps I bought by download on 17th April registered to only ONE device and TT quite simply don't want to know to help me put it right!! I tried to tell them I didn't need two v675 Europe maps on the same device, but one on each of two. Eventually they told me if I had a complaint I could write to Holland!!! So officially, one of my devices doesn't have a legal map, even though I have a receipt for it from Tom Tom.

My three devices have different MAP versions - ALL THREE with "THE LATEST MAP", all different!! Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
SPORTSMAN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tel me how to put pictures onto my 720. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 21 of 30

Jump to: