Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to go from TT5 Navigator to TT5 mobile
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to go from TT5 Navigator to TT5 mobile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: How to go from TT5 Navigator to TT5 mobile Reply with quote

I thought this question would be easy-peasy but no I cant seem to email Tomtom ,it comes up with email needs a value Question from support page when logged in to my tomtom

So I have TT5 navigator on cd with western europe cds as well and I want to use TT5 on my new HP smartphone so need to use TT5 mobile.

what is the best way to do this ?

TT5 mobile with Benelux maps available cheap on Flea bay and from a trader so should be legit . Will my western europe maps work with this ?

I do have an unlock code for TT5 navigator and the TT5 mobile comes with a code as well

Oh and before anyone jumps on me a legit way is required.

8O 8O 8O

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The application is available for download from Here once you have the application you will need to add a voice, postcode files (zip folder) and your map which will require activation, assuming the activation works your running legally - Mike
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Mike. I seem to always go round in circles on TomTom web site Embarassed

Well the software is loaded the maps are on and I have activated manually as now O2 have just removed GPRS from me .

Damn now for another arguement with O2 , what is it with them every year they try and get me off a legend tariff as they call it. In other words its too cheap and they want me to go on a tariff that costs 3 times the amount . Evil or Very Mad

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stand your ground with O2, if you have an existing tariff that is too cheap every credit, I ditched O2 last year after 10+ years because of their hight GPRS charges, good to hear you have the device working though - Mike
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have checked as far as I can and the only thing I have found a problem with is Voice . I tried downloading the voice but the cab file comes up unsucessful as its not for my device.

As for O2 I think they just dont like that my tariff after rebate for not having a new phone is just £74 for the year with 200 free minutes per month and thats with or was 100kb free GPRS per month . So they try to remove the GPRS every now and again then I have big fights getting it put back on . Their excuse is that the COMPUTER cant deal with my old tariff

tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo got the voice going as well now . Was trying to do it as you should not as you have to cos TomTom always cock it up . used the garmin for so long I had forgot that you have to beat TomTom over the head whatever you are doing Embarassed

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The voice files for the Mobile device are at a lower sample rate, 16000Hz instead of 22050Hz, there are some suitable alternative voice files Here which are available sampled at both frequencies.

100KB per month is of no use for TMC over GPRS, that would be used up in the first hour of driving, after that you will be charged per MB at whatever stupid tariff they (O2) have put you on, it could be as high as £3,50 per MB - so check and be careful before a large bill lands through your door - Mike
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it compare with TT5 on a "real" Ipaq? Is it easy to use and read? How do you cope with not having a touchscreen?

Alan [Just got a 514]
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my point of view its great...The Keypad has all the functions and menu and since I got my smart phone I have not used my ipaq as just one small item to carry is very convenient..I know iv'e lost the PPC capabilities but that will be sorted when I get a unit that will do the lot now I know how good they are.

Dave
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the ipaq514 quite surprised me running TTM5 is quite good . I havent had any problems with the program ,
Yes its harder to type in adresses and yes some of the print on the tiny screen makes me dream of magnifying glasses but as this is an emergency unit for when I am not with my Garmin 2720 ,or not in a vehicle then its just right . In fact better than alright its more convenient when wandering somewhere and in September I am off on a company trip to Barcelona and it will be in my pocket.

I am going to get a different GPS receiver ,not because mine is duff but because you can get the modern ones with mini usb charging which is what the 514 has so only one charger for phone and GPS :D

The only problem I have is that I cannot get voices working on the speed camera database . I have tried the OGG files and have tried the data.chk and still I have those damn noises. Not that it will be used a lot as vehicle unit but I am greedy and want everything from it.

The beauty is that although not a PPC it still uses a lot of the programs that I need , database for my car and motorbike, security program for all my passwords , contacts and calendar and I can sync it with my pc \and all this in a candy bar phone that keeps its charge for 4/5 days

Yup I am happy , Oh did I mention its a demo unit so cost me brand new just over £120 Laughing Laughing Laughing

alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. Sounds OK. I'd still like to try it first - but that's a pipe dream for now.

Alan

[PS - I work for HP and got mine a bit cheaper still!]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: