Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Incorrect cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Incorrect cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khawkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Incorrect cameras Reply with quote

Hi folks

Ive been doing a lot of travelling lately up the A1 towards Scotland and there is dozens of mobile and static cameras along this road.

On one camera site facing in the opposite direction im getting a warning although this camera is not reversible and is definately for trafffic in the opposie direction as there are no road markings on my side of the road.

Also id like some information please, ive searched but cant find it.

Im heading north, i come across a camera facing south, its a two way road(not a dual carrigway) there are road markings on both roads along side each other. Is this camera site able to catch me or is it for cars overtaking in the opposite direction.

I haope this makes sense to you.

A reply would be great as i cant work this one out.

Regards

Kevin
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Incorrect cameras Reply with quote

khawkey wrote:
On one camera site facing in the opposite direction im getting a warning although this camera is not reversible and is definately for trafffic in the opposie direction as there are no road markings on my side of the road.
It sometimes happens that the location falls within the 'sweep' of the Device as you approach.

Unfortunately, unless it is something that happens on a lot of Devices, not a lot can be done about it.

khawkey wrote:
Im heading north, i come across a camera facing south, its a two way road(not a dual carrigway) there are road markings on both roads along side each other. Is this camera site able to catch me or is it for cars overtaking in the opposite direction.
I was given to understand that the extra markings were in place to catch those who might be speeding while overtaking.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What software are you using? Unless it has a directional warnings facility then you will get warnings for cameras on the opposite side, only a few can make use of the directional data we have. TomTom can't.
khawkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for the quick replys

Im using Tomtom mobile v6

Ive just been looking on the map to add/remove cameras and ive noticed quite a few gatso cameras are being removed from the database along this route (A1), Firstly what if some traffic cops are using this site and asking for the removal when they are actually still there and they waitin for our £60 comming through. Is this possible or are they checked out thoroughly.

Regards

Kev
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a very complex verification system, we don't remove cameras on the basis of a single request.
khawkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good to hear as i was starting to get worried, Not that i do a lot of speeding of course, its more of drifinting over the limit.

Thanks for the replys, excellant site, Keep up the good work
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khawkey wrote:
what if some traffic cops are using this site and asking for the removal when they are actually still there and they waitin for our £60 comming through.
If you were a cop, would you want to spend your OWN time joining this site and sending in false submissions? With our verification system, you'd be really wasting your time, and there's no way you could get overtime pay for doing what is technically illegal (for a cop to do, that is).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: