Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Minor POI database bug?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Minor POI database bug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Minor POI database bug? Reply with quote

I have submitted a couple of deletions to the POI database in the last week or so - both of them to the Woolwich ATM category, where the branch has been closed down and the ATM removed.

Both appear to have been actioned, yet on the POI download page, the date of the last update to that category is still showing as 2007-03-28. Could this be a bug in the database software?

Yes, I know it's fairly minor, and isn't of earth-shattering proportions, but it might cause a little confusion. It may be worth some investigation when time permits.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The updating of the POI database is not a fully automated setup. At times this can create a few days backlog.

Each change has to be manually sanctioned. If it wasn't some unsavoury activity might be going on. ;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate what you're saying, Richard, and I'm always happy to wait a couple of days before expecting to see any changes to the database. However, I'm not sure if you have misunderstood my point

I believe the changes have been applied to the database - the icons have certainly disappeared from the map on the submission page. What hasn't been updated is the Last Updated Date on the download page, which gives the impression that the d/b hasn't been changed. I assumed this date was automatically updated at the same time as you made the manual changes to the database - am I mistaken?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried downloading the database and checking to see they have been removed?
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now - yes, as expected they have been removed, but the date still hasn't been amended.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: