Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another problem with "Home"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another problem with "Home"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
entwood
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Another problem with "Home" Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

I expect you guys are fed up with "home" problems .. but a search has not found this one.. any help gratefully accepted ...

Home worked fine on v1.3.something ... then my son came home and played with the system, apparently turned on updates as he "knew" there was a newer version ... Crying or Very sad so it updated to v1.5.106.

Now it all seems to work fine... checks for updates go ok, most things seem to work except ... once I "switch on" the device (TT700 running 6.520 OS:1387 and I'm running XP SP2) it fires up ok but as soon as I "mouse click" anywhere on the screen area the screen goes a faded colour, eggtimer whirls for 20 seconds, error message "home has a problem and has to shut down etc etc"

I have uninstalled / reinstalled 5 times now, twice with 1.3.something and 3 times with 1.5.106 .. I have even redownloaded 1.5.106 twice.. but this happens every single time... on the first attempt it downloads some navcore file then as described above.

I have run a registry cleaner, re-booted between uninstalls/reinstalls, sworn at it, pleaded with it... even begged it ... ..but nowt ....

Any ideas anyone ??.. please ... Crying or Very sad
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell your lad to start running 8O
entwood
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@gardenshed .... he's already gone back "up north" Evil or Very Mad

some more info ... when I "switch on" the device in home, and without doing anything .. the on-screen time is NOT the same as the time on the TT when it is running, it is an hour out. Also, if I click the "set current location" bar then Home crashes in the same manner.

Question
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd get in touch with tomtom support for this one.

MaFt
entwood
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom support "autoanswers" bear absolutely no relevance at all to the problem.. now there's a surprise !! They do say I'll get an answer within 24 hours .. I won't hold my breath !!

Also .. the problem is fixed Smile In desperation I formatted the TT drive and installed last months back-up .. all working fine again now. No idea why but eh-oh Smile

Reason for the "need" was to make a change to the 2 very complex itinararies set up for the French touring holiday that starts in a week, and I didn't want to do that using the "touch screen" .. far easier using the mouse !!

Just have to redo all the French cameras and POI's, but that won't take long.

Regards

Entwood
george57l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pretty much the same problem. I bet you could click on the lower part of the screen and get s/w version etc - it is just when you click on map portion that it falls over. I have had an open TT support ticket on this for 48 hours now.

I'll try reformatting/restoring SC card, but really TTHOME should do better than this.

George

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: