Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Free speed camera database dowload with purchase?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Free speed camera database dowload with purchase?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Speed camera database update Reply with quote

Hugh wrote:
Darren,

I have recently subscribed to updates on the speed camera database which was pre-installed (bought from GPS) on my Garmin Nuvi 300. I downloaded and installed to my Nuvi the latest update. Now the system doesn't warn me of the cameras! What has happened here? Where have I gone wrong?

The pocketGPSWorld one or the Garmin one? Make sure you have them activated in the options under Proximity Alerts

If it's teh PGPSW ones then make sure you haven't accidentally removed them by adding more POI's - ALL POIs must be installed at the same time

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more information might be useful, who did you buy from, are you a subscriber here etc?

I'm on holiday in France a the moment and internet access via GPRS is sporadic so I can't promise a personal response but someone will assist.
Hugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Camera Updates Reply with quote

I bought the Garmin Nuvi 300 from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk almost a year ago. It came with the GPS software installed, and also a free speed camera database installed. I took out a sub to PocketGPS Speed Camera database (£19 annually) about two weeks ago. I downloaded the latest update (643606) a few days ago and installed it to the Nuvi. It's since then I have been having the problem. I hope this clarifies the position. Any help or suggestions as to where I have gone wrong would be appreciated.

Another question I have relates to the cameras when you approach them while under the limit. Should you still receive a warning from the unit, or is it only when you are exceeding the limit?

Hugh
Hugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt asked - The pocketGPSWorld one or the Garmin one? Make sure you have them activated in the options under Proximity Alerts.

MaFt - I have looked at the proximity alerts. The 2 boxes ticked are :- Custom Pois and Garmin Safety Cameras.

Another point occurs. Looking at the PGPSW database downloads, there are two options for the Garmin : POI Loader or Garmin Other. Which one should I be downloading?

Hugh
Hugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have knowledge of this?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turn off the garmin safety cameras (untick it) and use the Garmin POI Loader download

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera Updates Reply with quote

Hugh wrote:
I downloaded the latest update (643606) a few days ago and installed it to the Nuvi.

that's not one of our release numbers.

the current release is 5.073

MaFt
Hugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quoting Zip file number when downloaded. Yes, I have downloaded latest release of 11 Jul 2007.
Hugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 300 Reply with quote

Just as a follow up..... It turned out my Nuvi had developed a fault and I had to send it back to Garmin. As it was still under warranty. they replaced it. They didn't say what was wrong with it. So...I now have to download and install the Uk cameras again. I note there are 3 possibilities in the speed camera database for the UK cameras - UK Single File, UK consolidated by type, and UK Speed Zoned complete. Which one should I install? Does it matter?

Hugh
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i go for speed zoned. gives you better 'icons' etc

MaFt
Hugh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 300 Reply with quote

Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: