Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dixons listing 520 & 720, available this weekend
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dixons listing 520 & 720, available this weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS they say in 'Alo Alo' "I shall say zees only wonce" TomTom have not announced any firm release dates for the x20's. Any dates published apart from 'later this year' are pure speculation.

Let's ensure it's a fully functioning and stable device before it goes on sale Smile
PaulBt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, Firstly happy anniversary from joining 5 years ago today :D

Could the release date for the 720 and 520 be related in any way to the 20% discount on maps until the end of July?

Cheers
Paul
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud, well spotted! I honestly don't know but even if I did I wouldn't be able to say!
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebinman wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Does anyone know if TomTom will have any Eastern European maps ready for the TT720 and what coverage they'll have? I'm very interested in the 720 but will need Eastern European maps as well.

There are no official Eastern Euro maps available from TT but their Western & Central euro covers Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Hungary, Monaco, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands and Vatican City

I did get a reply back from TomTom confirming this today. I've asked them if it's only Western Europe we get on the TT720 by default and if we wanted Central Europe does that mean we need to buy all the Western Europe ones again too.... I just really need Poland on mine as I'm off there in September. If it's not available by mid August I may have to get a Mio C520 instead!
Home 2.7.3.1894
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
thebinman wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Does anyone know if TomTom will have any Eastern European maps ready for the TT720 and what coverage they'll have? I'm very interested in the 720 but will need Eastern European maps as well.

There are no official Eastern Euro maps available from TT but their Western & Central euro covers Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Hungary, Monaco, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands and Vatican City

I did get a reply back from TomTom confirming this today. I've asked them if it's only Western Europe we get on the TT720 by default and if we wanted Central Europe does that mean we need to buy all the Western Europe ones again too.... I just really need Poland on mine as I'm off there in September. If it's not available by mid August I may have to get a Mio C520 instead!

Who knows when the 720 will actually hit the shops.

You could buy a One V4 Euro or 710 or One XL Euro which all come with the Western Euro map but either way you'd still need to buy/download the W & C Euro map which includes Poland and put it on a 2Gb SD card.

There's always good 'ol fleabay
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebinman wrote:
You could buy a One V4 Euro or 710 or One XL Euro which all come with the Western Euro map but either way you'd still need to buy/download the W & C Euro map which includes Poland and put it on a 2Gb SD card.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a 910 with W & C Euro already on it? And it would probably be better to NOT go for good 'ol fleabay - could get badly bitten!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
benjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I should tell anyone this as it may jeopardise my order but I've found the 720 for £286.24 including VAT!

Here:

http://www.pcwb.com/catalogue/item/TOMTO117

Or here:

http://www.microwarehouse.co.uk/catalogue/item/TOMTO117

I've ordered with PC World Business (you don't have to be a business) and I can finally get rid of my pile of pants Garmin 670 :D

2 - 3 day postage is £5.00 plus VAT so total comes out at £292.12.

Chuffed :P
PaulBt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the availability is:
0 in stock
Usually 4 days
Smile

Paul
benjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My PCWB account page says 'Expected at PCWB 16/07/2007'.
murts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Here:

http://www.pcwb.com/catalogue/item/TOMTO117

Or here:

http://www.microwarehouse.co.uk/catalogue/item/TOMTO117

Looks like the same company.....

Company Details
25. PC World Business is a trading division of DSG Retail Limited. Registered office: Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 7TG. Registered number 504877. All trademarks acknowledged.

Company Details
30. MacWarehouse is a trading divisions of DSG Retail Limited. Registered number 504877. Registered office: Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 7TG (REF0505).

How come you can just create an account on PC World Business website and get it for £286.24 where as on the normal site it's £329
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How come you can just create an account on PC World Business website and get it for £286.24 where as on the normal site it's £329

I was going to say the VAT takes up the missing £££s (£286.24 + 17.5% = £336) but it's not that as both prices include VAT.

It's possible that as it hasn't been released yet the proces hasn't been fixed.
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
thebinman wrote:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a 910 with W & C Euro already on it? And it would probably be better to NOT go for good 'ol fleabay - could get badly bitten!

Trouble is, the coverage on the current maps for Poland is around 26% I think for the 910. The new Teleatlas 2007.1 maps have 63% coverage for Poland. I think TomTom told me the ones they will use will have a slightly newer one with even more coverage?
Home 2.7.3.1894
murts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC World and Dixons still have the 20th as the estimated release date. In previous weeks this has been ammended to a week further into the future. Can we assume that they will actually have the 720 on Friday ?
davefarley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope so! I think Dixons have always stated 20th for the 520, I thought it was a bit odd that they listed the 720 for the 13th. Fingers crossed for Friday!
murts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the date has now gone to the 25th. Odd as that's a Wednesday, normally they have been updating to Fridays.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: