Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN750 vs TomTom One GB vs ViaMichelin X950
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN750 vs TomTom One GB vs ViaMichelin X950

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zondaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Navman ICN750 vs TomTom One GB vs ViaMichelin X950 Reply with quote

I’m looking to purchase a Sat-Nav for between £100 and £160. I’m looking at 3 models – the Navman ICN750 (£160), TomTom One GB (£150) and the ViaMichelin X950 (£128 with a case). I don’t really need european maps at the moment but I need speed cam locations and maybe traffic updates in the future.

The Navman has a 4GB HD but what benefit is this over SD cards, also the ICN750 isn’t a current model anymore so does that mean no more firmware updates will be issued?

The cost of map updates seems to vary a lot too: Navman - £99, ViaMichelin - £73 and TomTom - £30-40. ViaMichelin offer a 2yr warranty, whereas the others only offer a yr.

Any advice welcomed.
Thanks
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN750 vs TomTom One GB vs ViaMichelin X950 Reply with quote

Zondaf wrote:
...Any advice welcomed...

To be perfectly honest they are all about the same. I've been running the 750 for about a year without any real problems, a few hitches but that would be testament to this website as all the forums a full of people with problems with all devices.

Read this post here as I think one of the posts explains the options quite well. Wink

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
thegreatroberto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't answer your question be here goes anyway !

Consider the Navman N20.Loads of internal memory.SD expansion.Comes with Uk and ireland loaded, and three cd's with euro street level maps.
No silly MP3 player (got a cd player that does mp3 for that in my car) no silly bluetooth for talking to your 'phone.
Just a decent car sat nav for £160.
Used mine a load in teh last 4 weeks and can't fault it.POI loader is simple enough,adding extra maps is straight forward.
I can see your point about new maps at £99 though !
I really fancied a garmin Nuvi of some description, but could not justify the extra cost.TomTom for me was like buying a Canon dSLR camera.Competant and a no-brainer.However you'd always wished you'd bought something else ! (A Pentax K10D for me !!)

The N20 is by far the best current sat nav from Navman.Wayyyyyyyyyyyy better that the silly F series IMHO :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: