Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NAVMAN N60i
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NAVMAN N60i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: NAVMAN N60i Reply with quote

Just updated my trusted ICN 530 for the newish N60i, seeing as i had purchased the T1 traffic unit for the 530 i wanted to keep using it! i was a bit disappointed that the stylus has been removed from the N60i, seeing as i have big fingers using the virtual keyboard seemed a bit clumsy! This has been sorted in a way (I’ve confiscated the wife’s Nintendo DS stylus Laughing Out Loud). The case too seems less quality than my old 530’s but i keep it in another case anyway so again not a major issue. My reason for choosing the N60i as opposed to the N40i is that i feel the on screen option buttons cover too much of the map! and the wide screen of the N60i is better suited plus Halfords as selling the N60i for £249 a £100 pounds off and only £50 off of the N40i! Being a trucker i have found Navman Sat Navs the best and i have tried a few (Not newer Tom Toms yet). The N60i didn’t/hasn’t disappointed yet and i just love the new speed camera warnings, the old 530 just went ping and you could easily miss the warning the N60i has a much louder warning and text telling you the correct speed and distance from camera! Not that i use a sat nav to speed but as all drivers know it’s easy to slip over the limit and a warning like this just picks your concentration up. Another improvement is on multi stop trips it now tells you the eta to the next destination and not the entire route, (so when the nice girls from our customer care dept phone me to ask for a eta i can give them a easy estimate, and they can still go and lie to my customers Laughing Out Loud) Anyway i tried to be clever and instead of inputing my old POI’s one at a time i copied the MyPOI folder from my old 530 then copied this onto the N60i! This failed so i had to enter them all again! But i was trying to be lazy.

Well early sum up is very good so far a few niggles but the actual navigation is top notch! i’ll update this little review as i use it.

mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice review Mike! Well done. Wink

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: