Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd line support have requested a 6 month Traffic subscription for me whilst I am waiting for the replacement - just waiting for the management to approve.

At last I am in communication with a support representative who is actually listening to me and understands my frustration - at least I am getting more than the standard copy and paste responses.

Andy
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, I asked for the same thing some months back and it was ignored, even if I was to get this now TomTom do not support the new bluetoth PAN profiles so I'm unable to connect to my phone.

Can you confirm how long they give you, this will be a clear indication as to how long we should expect to wait for the V2's. TomTom are VERY tight and they will not give away anymore than they have to.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have just confirmed 1 year - The team leader has authorised it, I am just waiting for it to be activated.

Andy
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Enough pussy-footing ... Reply with quote

OK - I've had enough. Here is my latest email to Tom Tom:

On 6th July, I asked for an update on the RDS-TMC situation. You have not even had the courtesy to acknowledge me. I am astounded at the contempt you display to your customers. It is clear that once you have my money, you do not care any further.

Since I am a lawyer, it will cause me considerably less expense and inconvenience to pursue you through the courts then it might do for others. I am now seriously considering this. I have paid you for a working traffic information service. You have failed to deliver it. You are in breach of contract and damages will naturally follow unless you stop dodging the issue and start giving me straight answers to straight questions.

1) Does a revised unit actually exist?
2) Has it been tested in the UK and does it work (a) a lot better than the existing unit (b) a little better than the existing unit (c) no better than the existing unit?
3) If the answer to the above questions are "yes, it exists and "it works a little better" or "a lot better" - when will I receive one?
4) What are you going to do to compensate me for the fact that I have been without a working service for 8 months whilst you have had my money?

Straight answers to all these questions please within 7 days or expect a claim in the courts. I have had enough. (Oh, and yes, as it happens, I do understand the cross border courts procedures…)

Yours etc...

I wonder if they have a cut an paste response ready for that?! Evil or Very Mad
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way there can be any kind of group action taken on behalf of everyone who is waiting?

It has taken me months to get to the point where I have been offered a Traffic subscription, there are plenty who haven't got that far.
beaconlegal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Group Action Reply with quote

A "class" action is theoretically possible but realistically would be a sledgehammer to crack a nut - hugley complex and expensive to get off the ground and the amounts at stake, in the general scheme of things, are very small.

In any event, my guess is that it would be far more of a pain for Tom Tom (and therefore, perhaps, more likey to be effective) if they were hit with a multitude of claims which would all require a response.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - my 1 year traffic subscription is active - I tried on the way home from work and it appeared to be working.

Not in such a rush to get the replacement receiver now - I will quite happily wait for one that works!
iTekweni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a subsciption from TomTom bought when I first got my 910 but unfortunately never used as my phone is not compatible thats why I bought the TMC and we all know its reliability.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick check, for those of you who are persuing the GPRS method for Traffic information - please bear in mind that GPRS data can prove very costly if using abroad, its also costly in this country on certain connections

Please check you charges BEFORE you get hit with a large data bill.

Inclusive tariffs are available as are "bolt ons" which can reduce the cost, I budget on TT Traffic consuming around 100KB per hour - so work that out in terms of you hours of usage etc - then check the cost.

I switched to a single monthly fee for internet access last year so this charge doesn't bother me, but I had been bitten by O2 on a number of previous occasions Evil or Very Mad needless to say I am no longer using O2 Laughing - Mike
MVD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: RDS/TMC Reply with quote

Help Please
Having read all the posts re above I have come to the conclusion that I do not really know enough about my RDS/TMC reciever for my Go 910, and whether or not I have the latest kit.. It has stamped on it 4V00.000.
Also can anybody tell me what is expected of it. I do get traffic info (which is sometimes out of date). I also get long spells of the orange thingy rotating in the corner with no info but I also get the green dot and sometimes the downloading arrow.
My questions I guess are these. Should this kit be online all the time giving me traffic info or just occationally? and can anybody tell me what is wrong with the present version?.
Many thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not aware of anyone with a new type RDS-TMC as yet, for information on how the device should work have a read through #9 of the FAQ page.
What version of software is on your 910 as this can have a bearing on behaviour, also your typical location is important - the UK is plauged by poor reception, which is the primary cause of the complaints - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my humble opinion, if you are in a populated area or on a major route and are getting the orange disc then it is not working satisfactorily. If you can receive classic fm on your car radio and get a RDS time signal then in theory you should be able to get TMC data - but you won't as it is a poorly designed solution. Complain to TomTom and get added to the waiting list for the new version when it eventually comes out.
MVD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mike and Andy for your replies.
I will take your advice and inform Tom Tom of my concerns because I get the orange disc even on the M25, where I would have thought it would be most helpful........
Thanks again
Eddie
tenorplayer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my first rds/tmc a month or so ago.... didnt work... kept on tuning, told tomtom.... sent back and replaced with new one today... same thing. phoned tomtom support line and was immediately put on list for new device... don`t know when it will come but so far only had helpful responses from TT team... without resorting to aggression.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you not annoyed that you bought a product that TomTom have known does not work for over 4 months and that the replacement date is approximately sometime never?

If you had been waiting patiently for 5 months for a replacement and TomTom still can't say when they will actually have a product that works in the UK you may not have the same view of TomTom support. Especially when they will not answer simple questions such as "when will I get my replacement?". Try asking them for a firm date and see what response you get.

Good luck with the wait - I am now resigned to the fact that it will be a long time before the replacements are available - they wouldn't have given me a 1yr traffic subscription for free if they were due in a week or two!!

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 7 of 30

Jump to: