Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Best Bluetooth out there that will also have voice...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Bluetooth out there that will also have voice...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taits
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Best Bluetooth out there that will also have voice... Reply with quote

I do not know if this is hardware or software related. I'm wanting to use with a laptop pc while traveling and voice is wanted.
Did not see anything reguarding voice in the reviews or listings of what these do or do not do.
If it matters, I have the ms map point software program I got about a year ago or so. Thanks
Question
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come back tomorrow and we'll have a review for you that I think you'll like! Wink
taits
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Dave... Reply with quote

I'll be here. It isn't really what I'd like, it is what the items will do for the customers who purchase them. In this case:
Does it have all the goodies, (bells, whistles, whatever) or just do the job.
Not knowing anything about these things (GPS), I lok to your type of sites for info. This has been the most helpful. I especially liked the hepl file in using some areas where my NIS got in the way.
I appreciate the fast reply on this. Thanks again.
taits
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Probably should had included... Reply with quote

If is is wiser to combine (connect somhow) a handheld system to my DELL laptop please include this info also. I have only been looking at blue... systems due to the non connect feature, but if a mouse type or cable receiver is actually better, so be it. Something else to inc.
I took note on your post about the battery life dying on these tootless wonders. Laughing Out Loud But I figure they are less intrusive due to the no cableing factor.
Is there any hand held out that has a LARGE screen, most I've looked at are no bigget than 3x5.
Thanks again.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually sorry, just checking your profile, the PC package we'll have is for the UK/Europe only not US (if your profile is correct ?).

You can in-fact connect any handheld GPS Receiver to a PC via a 9-pin serial port and most handheld GPS Receivers will give you around 12 hours run time on the GPS. Or failing that you could plug in a USB or Serial mouse (Serial mouse takes power from the PS/2 port).

We will be reviewing CoPilot Live - Laptop 7 soon which you would be able to use and this would give you full voice and direction turns for the US.

Most handheld PDA's due have small screens, but trust me, it's sufficient enough to navigate with. Not as big as a laptop granted, but you'll find it more than adequate. There are smaller laptop's that have 8" screens which might be better tuned for what you want.
taits
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Co pilot live laptop7 Reply with quote

This new one seems like it might be promising. If it will work in the US.
But I'd think that would be a software thing not a hardware thing to worry about ...???
Will wait for review. Hope it has lots of goodies...Laughing Out Loud
I'm in Calif.
I'll also look into the hand helds now. As well as smaller pc's.
Think mine is a at least 15"
Copilotadvice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be interested to hear that there is a US version of CoPilot Live Laptop 7 available to purchase in US. http://www.alk.com/products/consumer/copilot_laptop7/index.asp
taits
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I'm also waiting to read about the Cobra hand held 1000 to be out 2nd quarter according to an email I received from them. Chould\should be really good and half this ones cost.
st

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: