Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman n40i backup
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman n40i backup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nora999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: navman n40i backup Reply with quote

hi im thinking about subscribing to your camera database as its much cheaper than the navman one but i want do a full back just in case i need to do a restore can i do a full back up from active sync sofware or do i do it from navman smartst 2006 se software have done backup from here just wondering if its a fullback also read forum and downloaded some ogg files for camera voice warnings converted them to wav do i just assign a camera voice to each type of camera as the navman warning isnt lound enough
thanks for any help aron
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: navman n40i backup Reply with quote

nora999 wrote:
Hi! I'm thinking about subscribing to your camera database, as it's much cheaper than the Navman one, but I want do a full backup just in case I need to do a restore. Can I do a full backup from active sync software, or do I do it from Navman Smart ST2006 SE software? I have done a backup from here, but I am just wondering if it's a full backup? Also have read forum and downloaded some ogg files for camera voice warnings & converted them to wav. Do I just assign a camera voice to each type of camera, as the Navman warning isn't loud enough?

Thanks for any help aron

Welcome to the Forum.
See page 97 of your Manual. (As follows)...If you have not got a Manual, download it from the Navman website.
"You can save backups of the following information, and later restore them to your Navman:
; Favourites and My Home
; Preferences, including Point of Interest and photo preferences
; Multi-stop trips
; Recent locations.
How do I Backup my Navman?
1. On the File menu, select Backup. (From Smart ST 2006)
The Backup/Restore window will open.
2. Click New Backup.
The New Backup window will display.
3. Click OK.
The New Backup window will close and your backup will be saved to your computer. The backup
will be listed on the Backup window.
4. Close the Backup/Restore window."

This is limited Backup, as you will see.
You can also backup by connecting your device to your computer, navigate to the device (My Computer....Mobile Device) View the data on the device and save it all to a suitable folder on the computer. This is a simplistic way and others will, no doubt give you more detailed instructions.

For old fogies like me, it would be helpful to have some punctuation in your posts so that they can be more easily understood Thumbs Up
nora999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thanks for your answer i have done backup from smartst software but as you confirmed my thoughts this is a partial backup i know you can backup from activsycn software can anyone confirm this is a fullback and restore your way of copied contents from gps to computer how do u get them back on device do you just copy files over satnav is new dont want to brick it just yet Laughing Out Loud

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: