Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom one problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom one problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom one problem Reply with quote

Ok,

was trying to help my mate by loading the speed camera datbase onto his TT one, problem was while trying to load the 'data.chk' file with the voices on it I over wrote the wrong file.

I overwrote the 'data.chk' file in the main screen in the tomtom sd card, now his TT one wont load properly, it goes to 39% on the screen and then just restarts.

As you can imagine hes a bit miffed to say the least, how can I rectify this? is there anyway to get a file?

cheers rob
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-install the application from either a back-up or download (the later might also update the device), this will replace the data.chk file with the correct one.
Next look at using the OGG file method for spoken camera alerts.
At the very least copy the current state of the memory card to the PC before doing the above, as it will give us a recovery point from which to work from - Mike
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate,

Not really this much of a noob, a mae had a different version of TT and I put his 'data.chk' file onto the one but it seams although it works, the pictures dont match the words.

I did think the'data.chk' file just did the words or bongs so how would this effect the other applications.

Also how do I find the version I have to install the correct file

Cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only "pictures" I can think of that might have changed text are the actual navigation voices titles. This is a trate when using POIExtend to get 30 warnings from a data.chk file, rather than the normal 15.

Unless of course you mean the device still shows Bell One, Bell Two etc but the spoken alerts are different, this is normal when running a modified data.chk file. As for it affecting other applications can you be more specific as to what the other applications actually are?

Can you find the exact software version installed on the unit, tap the sat strength meter then the "Version" box on the right side of the screen, there will be the App number followed by some numbers in brackets - can you let us know what these are? - Mike
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Cheers mate your idea worked like a charm, I went to TomTom and downloaded their HOME program and upgraded the software and it fixed everything. I also managed to find the version (6.560) I've added the normal speed cameras via the card but can find a sound file for the cameras.

Rob
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbesy wrote:
but can find a sound file for the cameras.

Rob, if that should read CANNOT please have a look at using the OGG file warnings instead, there are some details posted on This Page with links to the download section of this site where you can get the files for free, have a listen to the wav demos first to choose an actual voice pack, the Liz Whitt is very good IMHO

The OGG file method is more up to date and easier (I think) than swapping out the data.chk, once it is configured you should never have to mess with the spoken alert files ever again, it also leaves the standard data.chk file for use with other POI files - Mike
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed the link, and it was great. Added it to my pda tomtom and my mates One and it seams to have worked fine. I went for Vicki Smile

Thanks for the help, once again the site comes up trumps

:P

Rob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: