Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed loading V9 onto 2820...!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed loading V9 onto 2820...!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSRider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Help needed loading V9 onto 2820...!!! Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I've just installed Version 9 NT maps onto my PC and have ben trying to transfer to my Garmin 2820. When I do this I get a message saying only 420mb space available and 1400mb needed to install, please select fewer maps... Confused

My 2610 used to wipe the old maps automatically and I can't see how to do this manually...can anyone help...?
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble when I did my 2720 ,got my knickers in a right twist with it and eventually ran Garmin in Uk . Confused

Within 15 minutes they had sent me a patch that downloaded the maps direct from the dvd . It removed before loading and all went well. :D

The only other thing is the 2820 allows for MP3s and perhaps you have too many Rolling Eyes

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you trying to load the v9 maps onto the unit? The best method is from the initial DVD menu which has an option to upgrade the maps in your unit. Having said that, others have needed patch files from Garmin for certain models, so if you are using this method (and not MapSource - this will not overwrite the base map, and hence you will have postcode and potentially traffic info problems with a mix of UK v8 and v9 maps), you may well need to speak to Garmin about whether a patch is needed for your unit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: