Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 910 POI Warnings - When POI not on route?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

910 POI Warnings - When POI not on route?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: 910 POI Warnings - When POI not on route? Reply with quote

Uncertain whether this is a TT or a POI issue.
Does anyone else still get warnings from POIs that are not on your intended route?
I have a TT910, version 6.525, using the PGPSW database, i have set various warning distances, but also to Warn only if POI is on the route. But I am still getting warning for other nearby POIs. For example, travelling on the M60 clockwise, approaching J11 with the A57, to the east there is a Redlight camera REDLIGHT:9704@30. My route requires me to pass this as I am going to join the M62 westbound. As I approach, J11, but still on the M60, I get a warning of the redlight camera on a different road, that is not on my route.

A similar issue occurs at j7-J8 with GATSO:2266@40. This may be different as they have radically altered the M60 around this junction and the map does not reflect the new road layout.

Any ideas?
SatMap
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a TT issue, we all get it. I've decided that if it's possible for you to (change your route and) drive past it, it'll warn. The one I find most annoying is two Gatsos along a nearby road, each at the end of a short dual carriageway which has a gap partway between them. Normally the "wrong" side camera would not warn, but because there's the possibility to do a U-turn, the nearest camera becomes the first and warns me even though it's on the other side of the dual carriageway. The same happens, again with the "wrong" camera when I'm driving in the opposite direction. The worst part about it is that the first camera is still warning after I've passed it and blocks the correct distance warning for the "right" camera until I'm right under it. Until TT add the capability to use camera directional information, we're stuck with it. Some other brands are capable and directional info is actually included on the pgpsw database. Personally, I think it very unlikely that TT will move to adding that function, simply because they sell a database themselves and to add directional info to it would be too much of an effort.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorway junctions all seem to be "seen" as part of the route by the TomTom. I get loads of false alerts on motorways where there is a mobile site located on the roundabout at the end of the sliproad going off.

I was fairly sure that it got worse when I updated the maps or software, but it's probably just because a) there are a lot more mobile sites in the database nowadays, or b ) I've increased the warning distance a lot for mobiles.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
I was fairly sure that it got worse when I updated the maps or software, but it's probably just because a) there are a lot more mobile sites in the database nowadays, or b ) I've increased the warning distance a lot for mobiles.

I was pretty much convinced it was the maps and software updates too, but I didn't have the bottle to ask here - I rather thought somebody would have run a program to check it and had a buncha figures showing it was no different. So I just kept my head down and decided it was me developing grumpy old man syndrome. Thanks Andy you have eased my mind a little. Smile

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: