Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP PDA with Tomtom 6 UK £128
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP PDA with Tomtom 6 UK £128
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
widu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I phoned Expansys today. They said they were still awaiting stock but would be honouring existing orders and would I like to cancel my order...erm, no thanks Exclamation :D
fordfocus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

st1967 wrote:
Only thing that would put me off is the UGLY cradle !! Something you would have to hide from the theiving scumbags of this world.

I have to agree with you on that, it looks very cheap and nasty, especially from a company like HP. 8O
I'm sure a third party cradle will be released that has some style and not looking like a 4 year old has been playing with Meccano Smile
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that's Fugly Laughing
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I held out for a week before i ordered one!!!!! Couldn't hold out any more.
Am i right in thinking that if i get a SDIO wireless card for this it will give me internet access? something like this:

here
fordfocus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

portman wrote:
I held out for a week before i ordered one!!!!! Couldn't hold out any more.
Am i right in thinking that if i get a SDIO wireless card for this it will give me internet access? something like this:

here

Yes, it should work, but, please note that a lot of wifi cards stick out quite a bit from the pda, and can get damaged easily.

Have a look at this product:

WiFi SDIO PDA 54Mbps Wireless SDIO Network LAN adapter 802.11b/g at:

http://www.pctradeshop.com/code/ui/main/product.aspx?catid=3&subcatid=0

£18.99 inc vat

FF
kastenar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Know it's not the £128 identified in the original post, but see attached at Netto:

http://www.netto.co.uk/internet/nettog/catalogue/catalogue.nsf/webActiveCataloguePages/1-1?opendocument&catid=1

Andy
fordfocus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phonic wrote:
I was thinking that it's too cheap and must be a mistake, but I ordered it anyway.

I think they may have removed the item not because of the price but because they are having problems getting the stock, and have too many customers waiting.

I placed an order with them on the 1st May, and noticed that the order tracking was stuck saying "Estimated 2 Days", so I sent them an e-mail. This is the reply:

Quote:

unfortunately there has been a slight delay in sourcing this unit and at present we do not have a confirmed date from our supplier for when it shall be received. Our purchasing team are currently working on this and expect the goods to be with us shortly. As soon as they arrive your order will be dispatched for next day delivery and you will be alerted via email,"

Ordered one of these on 30 April, today, the estimated time has gone back up yet again to 4 days, looks like this will be the bargain everybody wants and nobody gets Sad

Last edited by fordfocus on Thu May 10, 2007 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I Know it's not the £128 identified in the original post, but see attached at Netto:

http://www.netto.co.uk/internet/nettog/catalogue/catalogue.nsf/webActiveCataloguePages/1-1?opendocument&catid=1

Not a stunning bargain but if it is an rx5720 you get the £30 refund from HP.

Actual model isnt quoted on the advert. Netto will not have many - probably already sold out Rolling Eyes
phonic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ordered one of these on 31 April, today, the estimated time has gone back up yet again to 4 days, looks like this will be the bargain everybody wants and nobody gets Sad

I noticed the jump from 1 to 4 days too, so I phoned them 10 mins. ago, and they had this to say:
Quote:

We expected the units yesterday but never arrived. They will be delivered this week, today or tomorrow.

It's interesting that she had an immediate answer to my question on the rx5720 when they carry so many stock items. It's like she's been saying it all day. How many are waiting? :o
fordfocus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phonic wrote:
Quote:

Ordered one of these on 31 April, today, the estimated time has gone back up yet again to 4 days, looks like this will be the bargain everybody wants and nobody gets Sad

I noticed the jump from 1 to 4 days too, so I phoned them 10 mins. ago, and they had this to say:
Quote:

We expected the units yesterday but never arrived. They will be delivered this week, today or tomorrow.

It's interesting that she had an immediate answer to my question on the rx5720 when they carry so many stock items. It's like she's been saying it all day. How many are waiting? :o

One thing I can't understand is that if Expansys can sell these units at £134.28 and STILL make a profit, then the other companies who are selling this model at £175.08+ are making some serious profit.
Or is it a case of rip off britain again? Rolling Eyes
widu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting since 28th as well. Everyone else later than that...there's a queue and your behind me Twisted Evil
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fordfocus wrote:
One thing I can't understand is that if Expansys can sell these units at £134.28 and STILL make a profit, then the other companies who are selling this model at £175.08+ are making some serious profit.

Depends on where they are sourcing them from - sounds like they are having trouble getting them though - perhaps the price went up on them :D
fordfocus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philpugh wrote:
fordfocus wrote:

Depends on where they are sourcing them from - sounds like they are having trouble getting them though - perhaps the price went up on them :D

Looks like they have dropped a clanger, but, it's academic anyway.
A couple of clauses in their terms and conditions will get them out of trouble:

"Prices on orders for out-of-stock or pre-release items are valid for one week after the order is placed. If the price changes when the stock becomes available customers will be informed of the change before payment is processed and offered the opportunity to cancel the order"

and:

"When you submit an order to us on our website, you will receive an email to confirm that we are processing your order. You will then receive a second email from us acknowledging your order and giving you estimated timescales for delivery. You should check both emails for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. Neither of these emails constitute acceptance of the order by us. Your order will be accepted by us (and a contract will then be formed between us) when we dispatch the goods to you. Title to the goods will pass to you on delivery. "
I wasn't too sure about the model anyway, that cradle really looks poorly designed, and certainly not pleasing to the eye. Rolling Eyes
phonic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just phoned them up again, as the order status seems stuck on "4 days", and they now can not give a day when they will have the device in stock. Are they alwyas like this?

I checked around and most are offering only the rx5935 not the rx5720. Were Expansys doing a End of line discount to clear stock?
Are HP focusing more on the rx5935?

I've noticed the rx5935 is coming down on price, as low as £249. even pc world are doing it for £279. With the £30 back from HP, it's looking more interesting to me as I need the Europe maps and wifi. also... I'm sick of WAITING!!

One less of the endless waiting list :P
fordfocus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phonic wrote:
Just phoned them up again, as the order status seems stuck on "4 days", and they now can not give a day when they will have the device in stock. Are they alwyas like this?

I checked around and most are offering only the rx5935 not the rx5720. Were Expansys doing a End of line discount to clear stock?
Are HP focusing more on the rx5935?

I've noticed the rx5935 is coming down on price, as low as £249. even pc world are doing it for £279. With the £30 back from HP, it's looking more interesting to me as I need the Europe maps and wifi. also... I'm sick of WAITING!!

One less of the endless waiting list :P

I sent an email to Expansys asking:

When stock is expected?
Will the price be the same as quoted?

I received this:

Dear sir/madam,

Many thanks for ordering from Expansys,

Your order is due in stock May 14th and the total costs that will be deducted from your card is 134.28 g.b.p ( 108.89 + 20.00 VAT+ 5.39 shipping)

Keep a check on your emails as you will be notified when your order is being dispatched to you.

So, maybe, next week will see some action, but, don't hold your breath.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: