Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 5 upgrade to WEstern Europe maps v675
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 5 upgrade to WEstern Europe maps v675

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gasglider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Navigator 5 upgrade to WEstern Europe maps v675 Reply with quote

Hello all, i have been following the site and forums for a while now, and find it a great source of info. However the time has now come to post my 1st topic, due to the fact that i am completely stuck with Navigator 6. Below is a copy of my e-mail to Tom-Tom support, as yet unanswered, more than 48 hrs later. Can anyone on the site help with this problem?

I have purchased and downloaded Western Europe maps (v675) from tthe Tom-Tom site to use on my Dell Axim x51v, currently running Navigatpr 5. I also followed the instructions to download Tom-Tom home to my PC, which went well, apart from a message which tells me 'your account is not linked to this device'. I then had a problem installing the new maps to the PDA, with a message telling me to go to ttcode.com and install manually. I can then get through stage 1 and 2 of ttcde.com, but at stage 3 i can not enter the device code on the PDA, this because i can not get the activation screen up on the PDA. I have actually installed the new maps to my 2gb SD card from Tom-Tom home (the new folders show up on the card). When i start Tom-Tom on the PDA, it does not see the new maps, and i still have Nav 5, not Nav 6.
Please help, as i am going to Italy soon, and really need these maps up and running!

Regards, Andy.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need TomTom Navigator 6 to see the 675 maps.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gasglider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
You need TomTom Navigator 6 to see the 675 maps.

I understood that Nav 6 was included as a free download with the maps. Also When i went through the tom-tom order process, it asked which version i am using.(v5.210), so it should have given me the correct maps for that version, or included Nav 6 with the maps.
I have now received e-mail from tom-tom support, telling me to go to the updates page and install the latest verion, but this is still only v5.21, so is there any point in installing this?
Goober556
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Axim x51v is listed on tomtom's site as supported for TTN6 so you're correct in thinking you should have received a free upgrade to TTN6 as part of the map purchase.

The problem seem to be related to the error message 'your account is not linked to this device'. If TT Home doesn't recognise you have a TTN6 supported device then it won't offer it to you as a download.

Not sure this will work but - try logging in to the tomtom site and select ‘mytomtom’ and then ‘change device’. Select PDA and TT Nav 6. Your device code should show at the bottom of the page. Now connect your Axim to the PC. Hopefully it should recognise it as a device supported for TTN6 and give you the necessary downloads.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you get TTN6

http://www.tomtom.com/updates/ttn.ppc.6.030.8320.cab

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gasglider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Here you get TTN6

http://www.tomtom.com/updates/ttn.ppc.6.030.8320.cab

Thanks for that, Lutz.
I have downloaded the files, and extracted them to a temp folder. What is the best way to then install Nav 6 to my SD card? Will i still need to go through ttcode.com to register Nav6, or just do that for the new maps?
Thanks again,
Andy.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, the file you have downloaded is a CAB file, you should not unzip it, simply copy the CAB file in one piece to your devices memory card, then using file explorer on the PDA locate the CAB file and tap it, this will start the installer loading the application, simply answer yes to any of the stupid MicroSoft questions the device might pop up - Mike
gasglider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,
Done all that, but the device code is now different. When i get on ttcode.com, and put the product code in, i get a message saying that 'this product has already been activated', and it displays my original device code, and if i proceed on that, the western europe maps on the PDA wont validate with the activation code!.
I am really tearing my hair out with tom-tom, i can only assume that somehow the new maps are tied to my Axim device code. Any more thoughts?
Cheers,
Andy.
gasglider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, Lutz and you other guys, thanks very much for all your help, however i finally got through to tom-tom telephone support, and they arranged a different activation code.
It seems that the v675 maps had 'linked' to my Nav 5 software (although i thought i had followed t t instructions to the letter).
It's a shame that such a brilliant product can be so frustrating to update, and as for tom-tom home, then i think that it just confuses the issue, instead of making things easier.
Anyway, thanks again chaps, and keep up the good work you do on a great web site.

Andy T.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: