Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Myguide 3100
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Myguide 3100
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydie331
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Myguide against Igo data base Reply with quote

Thankyou for your reply. Yes i do mean the Pocket GP World Camera Database, However mine doesn't show any visual alerts at all, but does when i use the Igo database. I know some of the mapping software on the 3100 is Igo and some are Destinator this may be whats causing the problem.

Thanks

M Hyde
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Myguide against Igo data base Reply with quote

Buffdaddy wrote:
The pocket gps speedcam database does give you visual alerts usually in the centre of you screen.You should see the image of a camera displayed plus the speed limit. For example, if the speed limit is 30mph, the visual warning displays 29mph. This remains till you have gone past the camera.
For future downloads, if the speed is set 31, does it display 30? Is it always a fixed difference of 1 or is it a sliding scale? Is there a conversion from KPH to MPH involved?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Buffdaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Myguide against Igo data base Reply with quote

Visual alerts are always a fixed difference of 1 be it KPH or MPH.I do not know if you have been reading the "myguide 3100 speed camera warning started by roo-uk. You can make amendments to the camera database and it warns you of speed cameras when you are approaching them, above or below the speed limit. I have amended all files I downloaded, tested them and they work all the time...
max4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and a novice to Sat nav. I bought the myguide 3100 but it's been reading - NO GPS SIGNAL. I have moved around town with it but still the same.

Any help Please.

Max
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Max... You might be better off asking this question in a different part of the forum, as this topic (and forum) is really just about adding the Pocket GPS World speed cam data onto the MyGuide.

The "Other Personal Navigation Devices" (CLICK HERE) section is probably the best...
(If you want my advice, though, I'd just take it straight back to the shop, if it hasn't worked from new).
dogzbollox1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: MYGUIDE 3100 Reply with quote

I've just bought a MYGUIDE 3100 and I'm a bit technophobic. The 108 page instruction manual is a bit confusing. Anyone got any suggestions for ideal settings/parameters? Thanx guys.
Nisworld
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: MyGuide 3100 Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a MyGuide 3100 but I would like to know if it's possible to upload Tomtom software ont it?

Thanks....

N.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm thinking of buying a MyGuide 3100 but I would like to know if it's possible to upload Tomtom software ont it?

Please do NOT the same question on different threads on the forum. I'll lock the other thread.
sin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I got a myguide3100 for Christmas. I just got it out to use it and there is no antenna in the box. Do I need one? This might sound like a stupid question but I have never had a sat nav before so I don't know how they work. Directions talk about a TMC receiver and TMC antenna but there's none n the box. Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GPS aerial is within the device, the optional RDS-TMC aerial is for receiving Traffic information such a delays, accidents etc - just switch it on and take it outside, it will soon work out where it is - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 'sin'... Welcome. Thumbs Up
The "speed camera database" part of the forum is probably not the best place to ask your question but as you're new, we'll let you off! Wink

I had a quick look at the My Guide website http://www.myguidegps.com/ and in the features for the 3100 it says it has an internal antenna so it should work straight out of the box.

It also has a socket for an optional external aerial, for use if your car has a heat reflecting windscreen or you have other reception difficulties (possibly "urban canyons" of very tall buildings).

The "TMC" aerial is another accessory, it is only needed if you want to subscribe to "Traffic" warnings of hold-ups, accidents etc. (This doesn't work very well in the UK anyway).

There's also a "search" feature at the top of this page... put "myguide" in the box to find other posts about your device.

Hope that helps!
Blue_Monk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

max4 wrote:
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and a novice to Sat nav. I bought the myguide 3100 but it's been reading - NO GPS SIGNAL. I have moved around town with it but still the same.

Any help Please.

Max

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=64908&highlight=myguide+3100
robdsue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Map Updates Reply with quote

hydie331 wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if there are any map updates for the Myguide 3100. If so were can i get them from? I also need a mains charger if anyone can help?

Thanks

M Hyde

Did you have any luck with a mains charger for the Myguide 3100 that works? I need one too.

Thanks,

Rob
FrenchLeave
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Myguide 3100 speed camera database Reply with quote

Without wishing to cut out this excellent site, the box in which my 3100 came has two internet sites listed on the outside: www.myguidegps.com, which is basically a shop; and www.myguideclub.com which offers free membership provided you can supply the serial number of your unit.

Once you have joined, you can download the latest camera database (currently 9 July 2008) and lots more - free!
FrenchLeave
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the PGPSW camera database is an excellent idea for those GPSs whose manufacturers charge a small fortune to upgrade them. But surely that doesn't apply where a manufacturer like MyGuide offers a free fortnightly updating service?

It seems that the problem is caused by owners not knowing how to enable them. The handbook that comes with the device contains sparse information, there is a full manual, which does contain the info, available from the MyGuide club site, but even that is not advertised.

So here is the way to do it:

Enabling the speed cameras:
Go to the main navigation screen, select Settings/General/Alerts, scroll down to "Enable Safety Cameras", is the green light on? if not, click on it. Below that is "Audible warning", select "When Approaching". That's it.

Updating database:
Go to http//www.myguideclub.com. Join the club, you'll need your unit serial number to do this. Once you've joined it recognises the model you have and makes available those downloads applicable to that model. Click on "Downloads" and download the latest speedcam file in *.exe form. These are updated fortnightly - you get a list of the upgrades on the opening page. Make sure you have activesync on your computer, connect the 3100 to the usb port, wait until it is recognised, then go to your saved *.exe file and run it. You will then get a message that your camera database has been upgraded. Easy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: