Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Limit on POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Limit on POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darrenwright
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Limit on POI's Reply with quote

right, i have still got my old & trusted Navman ICN520 with the old maps on, I cant justify spending £99 on new maps without the software we were promised months ago Evil or Very Mad when u can buy a new Navman with brand new maps & software for around £140 these days.

The misses changed jobs a few weeks ago & bought herself a tomtom as she has to go out to see clients, i like it but much prefer the Navman setup & map/info on the screen, i noticed that she can download loads of POI's & activate them on the Tomtom.

I know the Navman ICN520 can olnly activate around 27 of the custom POI's i download onto it.
The thing is a need a more upto date map for sure & before i spend my cash can someone tell me if the newer Navmans can activate more POI's on them as i will need RDC's,Low bridges etc on it. I have emailed Navman over 2 weeks ago & got no reply except i can buy a update for my ICN520

Cheers
Daz
KWC77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In short, I found the iCN 520 highly disappointing when it comes to custom POI support. The manual says that it only support 16 active POIs (beeps when you are near/en-route), fair enough I can live with that.

In my case, I have found that installing more custom POIs (like LPG station and The Harvester for example) mess and confuse the pre-defined active custom POIs settings which are very annoying. Has anyone noticed it also? In other words, it's like I get some active camera warnings and POIs like The Harvester which certainly does not need to be set up as an active POI:evil:! TomTom models in general are a lot better with POIs, not too sure if support is better for the newer F20/N20 models though.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: