Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darryn_pmr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the software don't like change!

I'm having a play with the Microsoft CE emulator with vairing success.

Will keep you posted
darryn_pmr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, after playing with the emulator, the installation worked and works just fine. I will have to play with the software some more.

If anyone is having problems installing let me know.
manchesterman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm relatively new to gps and have bought the aytobe also. My daughter has a tom tom one - version 2 and I would like, if possible to install the tom tom software on the aytobe. Mainly because of the poi and safety cameras and the tom tom interface. Am i going about this in the right way? I have copied the tom tom card into a folder on the desktop of my pc to see what files are on there and to make any changes before copying these to a card for the aytobe. The only exe files i can find are ._TomTom HOME Install.app and InstallTomTomHOME. I have looked at the previous posts but can't seem to find the files to re-name. Are the files in folders, if so which ones? or is it not possible to use this version of tom tom software or am i just going about this in completely the wrong way. Many thanks for your patience, I would be grateful for any help anyone can give. - thanks, Roy
widu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent hours on the thing, still can't do it.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manchesterman wrote:
Hi, I'm relatively new to gps and have bought the aytobe also. My daughter has a tom tom one - version 2 and I would like, if possible to install the tom tom software on the aytobe. Mainly because of the poi and safety cameras and the tom tom interface.

Firstly this is is not possible. The software on a ONE, RIDER or GO is specific to those units and will not run on anything else. Secondly the licence terms permit a PocketPC install on ONE device only. You may not install it on multiple devices. Any discussion of such or requests for assistance will be removed and this includes the PM messaging system.

The Aytobe may appear to be a bargain but once you add the cost of TomTom Navigator 6 (roughly £70) then you are into TomTom ONE territory so what is the point?
widu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on minute is that why my posts aren't appearing and my pm's going astray? I've decided to move AWAY from my phone screen to a much bigger screen and YOU decide that I'm doing something wrong? Erm, I don't think so. I haven't breached any copyright or licence and I would like some help on how to get MY software on MY unit. If you don't mind that is. Thanks.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reply was to Manchesterman as can be clearly seen so calm down. We haven't removed any posts in this thread. On the rare occasions that we do then we leave a note in the post explaining why.
widu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apols, Embarassed I must have an issue with PMs then. Thanks for the clarification.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
The Aytobe may appear to be a bargain but once you add the cost of TomTom Navigator 6 (roughly £70) then you are into TomTom ONE territory so what is the point?

Well the aytobe has an mp3 player and remote control?
hlatham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: aytobe review Reply with quote

I had aa navigator - on a Dell Axim. Great software but the PDA kept crashing So I got a navman 510 on ebay - Very reliable hardware - but poor software and mapping - turn left when its the same road and no turns indicated when going from a B road to An A and crazily you cant enter a whole postcode. So I bought an AYTOBE. Looked a bit cheap on Maplins site but actually quite nicely presented and happens to match my car - charcol grey. Its not as configuable as the AA or Navman and maybe the screen isnt quite as bright but boy does it calculate and recalculate quick! I had a bit of a hack to try and see if you can configuare your own POIs but failed miserbly - So Far. THe female (only ) voice is very nice and unusually says turn around rather than perfom a U turn and says things like "continue for a while " which I find more friendly than continue for 8.75 miles (maybe thats just me) . I do feel that the AA software is a bit better and after reading earlier posts am now wondering if the AA software could be loaded on to the AYTOBE.
gps-boj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darryn_pmr wrote:
OK, after playing with the emulator, the installation worked and works just fine. I will have to play with the software some more.

If anyone is having problems installing let me know.

mine works Ok, but want to switch beteen TomTom, and aytobe a way

know nuffin about CE . is there any liitle prog you or others know about that I can map to the navigation button, ( eg navigation = \MMC_Storage\menu chioce prog.exe then that lets me choose one or the other.
darryn_pmr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm not one to aggravate any situations here but I want to clarify some things.

I have a licenced copy of TTv6, I had it for my Mio168 (until the kids used it as a hammer!) I belive that the Aytobe is a good tool for the price and the reason I won't buy a TT unit is because I am a .NET programmer, therefore a WinCE unit is far more interesting to me than a Linux based TT.

I haven't written anything for CE in ages but I will have a go at writing a few apps for the Aytobe. Something like when you click the Navigator icon, you are presented with a customisable interface that can allow you to select multipule programs to run. The objective is to keep everything on the SD card so as not to mess up the warrantee.

I will cease all commenting for the delevopment of such things to keep the mods happy.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to cease commenting. Converting the Aytobe to run TomTom is not the issue here at all.
widu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up Darryn and sent mine back, but please hang around- I'm others have more patience then me!
darryn_pmr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
No need to cease commenting. Converting the Aytobe to run TomTom is not the issue here at all.

Sure, thanks for that. I think it's worth the info as this conversion should work for other locked-down CE devices too.

I've been browsing though the system folders and it look like there is a lot that can be done to make this unit more functional.

On another issue that cropped up with TTv6, the postcode system didn't work for me on the first install. To get the full 7 digit database up and running, download the offical update below.

http://www.tomtom.com/updates/great_britainpostal_all.zip Size: 13.0 MB (13,601,358 bytes)

Extract the .zip file to somewhere and then run setup.exe. Now tell the installer to update Windows CE device and select the SD Card (not flash). One this has been done, move the folder named ZIP from the root of the SD Card to \MobileNavigator\ Then fire up TT and check the DB.

The offical way of doing this is to place the file in My Documents, but the Aytobe unit is preconfigured to only allow 7Mb of space to this folder/partition and the postcode DB is over 9Mb!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: