Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help restoring my GO910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help restoring my GO910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Help restoring my GO910 Reply with quote

Hi,

I hope someone can assist me before I call TomTom support.

My GO 910 has been damaged because of a virus that managed to get onto my PC. It corrupted loads of files on both my PC and TomTom GO so much that both wont boot any longer.

The IT bloke at work said that some of the map and system files looked corrupt and it triggered his anti virus software.

He took a backup of all the files on my GO and said he copied all the files from his GO 910 onto mine. Now it boots up OK but says the map is not activated.

When I asked him about this he said that the map is normally locked but if I went to ttcode.com and entered my device ID and used the the product ID numbers on the card I got with the GO I could reactivate them.

I tried this and when I entered my product code it said maps of western europe 6.5 and then gave me an activation code but it still wont activate.

If I connect it to my work PC with the home application is says that the maps are v660. Is this why I cant reactivate them and if so how can I get my GO working again as im off on holiday on Fri so need my GO.

I did have Antivirus software on my PC however I still managed to get a virus even though it up to date. So much for Norton.

PLEASE help.

John
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 910 will have been supplied with v652 maps and the product code is for that version, can you install v652 maps from a back-up? If possible you might have a backup on dvd prior to when the PC failed - mike
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick response.

I called TomTom and they said new 6.75 maps will be released today on the web so for the sake of €109 I will get them and then at least I have Europe working.

When I come back I will send it for repair so I can get the rest restored.

The new 6.75 maps of the USA are now split into zones so will be to expensive to buy.

John
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you not have a backup of the unit at all?
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren,

Yes I backed the unit up several times onto my PC and I burned the contents to a DVD when I bought it back in November.

I have not long moved house so heck knows where my backup DVD is.

Just hope the new 675 maps actually cure all the map errors I have reported over the years. I used to use Navigator 5 and 6 before getting the GO.

John
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeeHappyPixie wrote:

The new 6.75 maps of the USA are now split into zones so will be to expensive to buy.

John

They aren't actually if you look closely there is a map for the whole of North America which i presume has Canada included, its still another 105 euro's though.

I bought my 910 less than 2 weeks ago so i rang tomtom CS up to see if i could get a free upgrade to the new maps, no way was the response more or less.

I bought it from Amazon do you think it would be worthwhile me sending it back to Amazon for a refund under their 30 day money back guarantee and trying to get the latest version in a months time or so? saying that though there is no guarantee i'd get the latest map 6.75 then either is there.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeeHappyPixie wrote:
Hi Darren,

Yes I backed the unit up several times onto my PC and I burned the contents to a DVD when I bought it back in November.

I have not long moved house so heck knows where my backup DVD is.

Just hope the new 675 maps actually cure all the map errors I have reported over the years. I used to use Navigator 5 and 6 before getting the GO.

John

Ok, well if you can locate the backup, either on the Pc or the DVd you can do a full system restore.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: