Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Position with Artemis Camera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Position with Artemis Camera
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterndl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I con't see this on my CIII.
First of all I can't make a hard reset, because of my data and progs.

when I start the camera in internal memory mode and put it in gps mode I only see a grey screen and in the right bottom a button with "ready". If I push it, the camare changes in normal mode.
GPS is not initialized.

When I run glopus before and wait for a fix, then starting camera with gps mode I can take pictures but again with lat/long 0/0.

Now what??

Sterndl
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only did a hard reset because I put some keys in the registry that locked up the PDA when I launched the camera, so I wouldn't recommend that step is needed at all.
I don't think there is much that can be done to overcome this problem, it looks like the ROM and specifically the camera program has disabled this feature with WM6,0 installed - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since WM6 came out for the Artemis and its derivatives the GPS Camera mode hasn’t worked, so time to try GeoTerrestrial GPSToday, this cracking application allows GPS tagging of pictures and a whole lot more:

Once on your PDA which must be running WM5 (or newer) and it must have an integral GPS receiver, ideal for the Artemis then. Just a quick word of warning though this does require the GPRS data connection for the mapping side of the application, so heavy usage could get costly unless you have a data plan as part of your existing tariff.

The application puts a Today Screen plug in which has a number of indications, the green box denotes a good GPS position fix, in this case from 7 satellites. Lat/ Long, time and altitude, tapping the symbol of the clipboard copies this text based information to the PDAs clipboard allowing you to paste it straight into a text message etc. The other two square boxes to the right show current heading and speed.

To start the GPS you slide the red box across the screen until it is positioned over both boxes on the right (a bit like the slider on a certain phone without GPS yet).

Or you can configure the application to wake the GPS hardware up every few minutes which leads to reduced time to fix when you do need to use it, although excessive use of this mode will reduce battery endurance by a significant amount.

Geo-Tagging pictures can be set to automatic, or you can manually tag pictures you have just taken, it is also possible to select a position on the map and use the coordinates from the map to tag the picture. This could be handy if you want to tag a picture in an area devoid of GPS signals such as inside buildings etc.

The software will inform you how many pictures it has found according to your search criteria, pressing YES will write the GPS data to the pictures file.

Once successful the application lets you know it has finished

I mentioned a mapping package with this application, it downloads the map as you are using it via the phones GPRS connection so could prove costly if you don’t have integral GPRS data within your tariff.
The map supports search/ find locations etc. although the full search functionality appears to be more USA biased than European.

You can download the above application and read more about it on This Web site - well worth giving it a try, it is better than the GPS Camera work around as it actually gets the Lat and Long values fully correct which is something the MDA C-III never got quite right - Mike
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Arh how I love Blackpool!

I was wondering, how do you do them PDA screen captures you have done for this posting.? Do you need additional software or just from the active sync?

I have yet to give this camera GPS a go, but im hoping to next week on my travels.

Many thanks

MPW
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use additional software written by Lutz Bendlin, see This Thread for some additional information and links - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: