Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ogg files on TTN5 & Palm OS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ogg files on TTN5 & Palm OS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, next thing to try was rolling back to 5.12 files (munich.bin, data.chk and start.prc) from my archives. Maybe this is what nigelho means by 'update 1'?

Did this, still no go with the .ogg files.

A possibility occurs to me - there's a software app called mocean which is an ipod mimicking mp3 player, officially for the Palm Treo range. However, this app does apparently also work on the TX and the Lifedrive (I don't know about the T5). It does NOT work on the T3, and from my research I believe this is because Palm changed the audio system files in the OS sometime between the T3 and the TX.

So, is it possible that TTN5 is using the NEW audio system files, hence a TX or Lifedrive will work, but a T3 does not? Then Tomtom rebuilt the audio in TTN6 so it works also with the older T3 OS (even though officially the T3 is no longer supported in TTN6)?

Hmm...any thoughts? Any other TX or Lifedrive users who have .ogg files working with TTN5?
nigelho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay I am runnning on my TX TTN5 version 5.120 (The T5 is also on this version of TTN5). The LifeDrive TTN5 is runnning version 5.201.

The files from Ray Flanagans site Vicki Archer and Liz Whitaker. I downloaded them from the site and renamed them.

I then reset my palm, and reset the POI settings.

I can only think that there may be a problem between OS 5.2.1 on the T3 and the different Garnet versions (5.4.X) on the T5,TX and LD. Although if you have them working on a T3 with TTN6 i would say it is something a little easier. PM me with an email address and I can send you my POI files ogg, bmp and ov2 that I use along with a file directory on my SD card.
nigelho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map version is v562.
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer of files, nigelho, but I don't think that will help.

The files are fine as they work on my Tungsten T3 running TTN6 - they just don't work on my other Tungsten T3 running TTN5. The files are common to both, the PDA and OS platforms are common to both, the only variable is TTN itself.

Given that there are known issues with the T3 audio versus later incarnations of frankengarnet, I'm strongly inclined towards this conclusion - .ogg files do not work with TTN5 on 'older palms'.

It would be interesting to know which Palm device the PGPSW team tested when they concluded that .ogg and TTN5 didn't work on Palm...I'm assuming it was a T3.

Other than that, I will sit here jealous of you and the .oggs on your TX, and try to console myself with the fact that my T3 memory heap is bigger than yours... Wink

Thanks for your input.
nigelho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eillo7 wrote:

Other than that, I will sit here jealous of you and the .oggs on your TX, and try to console myself with the fact that my T3 memory heap is bigger than yours... Wink

Thanks for your input.

Eillo7 I had a T3 and it was, apart from wifi, the best palm I have had. The T3 not only has a bigger heap memory but also the processor is a lot faster and IMHO easir to use, and is metal not plastic. My T3 and TC were stolen so I have been using a LifeDrive and TX as replacements.

If I can help more please let me know

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: