Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing PGPSW Database onto DriveSmart *NEW DOWNLOAD LINK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing PGPSW Database onto DriveSmart *NEW DOWNLOAD LINK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partly my mistake, when rushkins asked for OGG files I assumed that's what the DS used whereas I should have known they didn't!
rushkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I meant wav files. I thought there was some nocking about with a different voice.

Regards
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blimey, you lot have been busy while i was away!!

regarding redlight cameras - these ARE in the PGPSW download - open the file in notepad and do a search for ;10; as category 10 is the redlight cameras.

as for blackspots then it would mean adding them to the main database at pgpsw however at the moment it is a speed camera database and therefore does not include the blackspots data.

MaFt
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Quote:
regarding redlight cameras - these ARE in the PGPSW download

I went through a red light camera in Croydon last week and had no warning, so presumed it wasn't working - as the DS unit would normally speak "warning red light camera", maybe the unit was playing up.

Quote:
as for blackspots then it would mean adding them to the main database at pgpsw however at the moment it is a speed camera database and therefore does not include the blackspots data.

As for the blackspots again the DS unit speaks "warning blackspot" so I thought it would be usefull to use the facility as it was there.
It is definitely useful to curb speeding in a dangerous area, i used to respond to it all the time, as i felt that as there had been more than two/three deaths in that spot there was a reason to be on guard.

Maybe it would be useful for others on pgpsw as it is often surprising where a reduction in speed could save a life, particularly when it warns on a innocent looking stretch of road - not sure about road speeds but just a warning would help.

Could you please inform me if it would it be feasable to just add the blackspots to the DS database, or does this make your work more complicated than it already is?
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:

I went through a red light camera in Croydon last week and had no warning, so presumed it wasn't working - as the DS unit would normally speak "warning red light camera", maybe the unit was playing up.

Maybe the camera was not in the database?

You could submit it.

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use this Link to see if if it needs submitting.

GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WLMOATE wrote:

Maybe the camera was not in the database?

You could submit it.

Will have to remember where it was now, Embarassed
Idea but back again in a couple of weeks.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:

Could you please inform me if it would it be feasable to just add the blackspots to the DS database, or does this make your work more complicated than it already is?

highly doubtful at the moment! there's enough work with just the speed cameras! as for the database, every unit uses the same database, we just export it in different formats so if blackspots are there for one, they're there for everyone,

also, how do you define a blackspot? what would be required for a blackspot to no longer be a blackspot and be removed from database? if someone submits a new blackspot, how do you confirm it? etc etc etc

MaFt
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Quote:
highly doubtful at the moment! there's enough work with just the speed cameras!

That's cool 8)
Sorry MaFt, until you informed us had no idea of your work load.

Quote:
as for the database, every unit uses the same database, we just export it in different formats so if blackspots are there for one, they're there for everyone,

Didn't realise that either, I wrongly thought that each type of unit had it's own custom made database. Embarassed
Just thought that as the DS unit had the facility to use blackspots it was a shame not to use it. Sad

Quote:
also, how do you define a blackspot? what would be required for a blackspot to no longer be a blackspot and be removed from database? if someone submits a new blackspot, how do you confirm it? etc etc etc

The Accident Blackspots program determines locations where two or more traffic accidents have occurred, based on a set of police accident records as input.

So once a blackspot always a blackspot, it can only get worse by more accidents or deaths, so will never be removed.
All blackspots are determined by the relevant County Council Road Safety Dept and published County by County.

Idea I will extract those already known from the DS site and add to the pgpsw DS database each month when I’ve worked out how to do it. Thumbs Up

Here is a list according to a British Army Safety website of the UK’s most dangerous roads, judged by number of deaths per billion km travelled on the road by the European Road Assessment Programme (EuroRAP) - spare a thought for safety if you use these regularly:

A 537 Macclesfield to Buxton - a route over the Peak District popular with motorcyclists.

A12 Romford to the M25 - an overloaded and often congested route to the M25.

A4137 west of Ross on Wye - the main north south route from Hereford to South Wales.

A628 near Penistone - an east-west route over the north of the Peak District.

A1001 Hatfield - providing parallel links to the A1M with access to Hatfield, St Albans and Welwyn.

A534 Welsh boundary to Nantwich - a ‘cut through’ route to and from North Wales avoiding Chester (A55 and A5).

A533 to Runcorn - part of the ring road surrounding Runcorn, a route to the Mersey Bridge and to the A56 and M56.

A682 to M65 J13 - A65 Long Preston - route into the hills, along the Ribble valley and towards the Yorkshire Dales.

A5 Daventry to Rugby - old Roman road, heavily-used, running parallel to the M1.

Snoopydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have been running the PGPSW database alongside the DS database and I have been having the following problems,
the DS tells me that mobile sites are Gatsos and mobiles or just Gatsos even though they are mobile sites and it tells me I am going to fast even though I am well under the limit and also not all speed limits are recognised when there is a camera site.
I wish to use the two databases together if possible but I do seem to have some form of conflict, can anyone advise?
Hope this makes sense.

Snoopydog
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

There was a fault in the PGPS database, so download the latest and try again.

The PGPS database may have some speed limit errors so log any you find and use the submit function which can be found under the Speed Camera section.

MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoopydog wrote:
Hi

I have been running the PGPSW database alongside the DS database and I have been having the following problems,
the DS tells me that mobile sites are Gatsos and mobiles or just Gatsos even though they are mobile sites

Snoopydog

if you could try make a note of where these anomalies are then locate them on the map and let me know the camera ID number (eg GATSO:1234@30 etc) then i can take a look

MaFt
Billofhook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: DS speach Reply with quote

As a new user of DS, can the voice be changed. My wife and I hate it so much that we want to turn the unit off.

Can a full new speach program be downloaded in a simple, easy way.

Thanks,

Billofhook
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New WAV files can be recorded, have a lokk at www.drive-smart.co.uk/forum There are details on how to record your own.

Wayne

Snoopydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MaFt,

These are some of the Cameras that I have had problems with.
I am running the latest PGPSW database for the DS along with the last DS database. (both together as instructions on download help)
They are all described as Gatsos and I am told that even though I am well under the limit I am still going to fast e.g. the mobile 30 will be a Gatso and the speed limit is 20 not 30mph.

Am I having conflict between the two databases as I do not believe I have changed any settings on the DS so any help etc will be appreciated.

Regards
Snoopydog

Mobile:5637@30
Mobile:23861@40
Mobile:6040@Unknown This Is 40 limit)
Mobile:5631@40
Mobile:17313@30
Mobile:29864@30
Gatso:3058@30
Gatso:2283@50
Gatso:1075@50
Mobile:29721@30
Mobile:23257@50

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: