Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 6 Navigate to Contact
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 6 Navigate to Contact

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 6 Navigate to Contact Reply with quote

I only occasionally use the Navigate to Contacts function.
One came up recently where TT did not understand the format of the contact. I went in and edited the contact.
Now when I try Navigate to Contact it is still picking up the contact in the previous format. I get the "loading contacts" type message, but there must be some kind of cacheing going on, even after a soft reboot.
I have the latest version of TT6 on WM5.
Any ideas on how to get round this?
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomtom 6 Navigate to Contact Reply with quote

ItsMikeE wrote:
One came up recently where TT did not understand the format of the contact. I went in and edited the contact.
Now when I try Navigate to Contact it is still picking up the contact in the previous format. I get the "loading contacts" type message, but there must be some kind of cacheing going on, even after a soft reboot.
I have the latest version of TT6 on WM5.
Any ideas on how to get round this?
I don't use this myself, so I'm not sure what you mean by "I went in and edited the contact". Was this in TT or in the Contact Manager?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I closed Tomtom, edited the contact using the standard PocketPC function, then went back into Tomtom
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItsMikeE wrote:
I closed Tomtom, edited the contact using the standard PocketPC function, then went back into Tomtom
Have you tried a soft reset?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItsMikeE wrote:
Quote:

Having used this function a lot in TTN5 when house hunting in a area 50 miles away, I have tried to replicate your problem in TTN6 and could not.
The only problem I had was when a house had a name instead of a number, otherwise it generally worked very well, My difference may be that I am using Outlook for my address book and using activesync to syncronise, The reason I do this way is because it automatically updates seamlessly between my PDA,Desktop and Laptop, thus keeping all uptodate, I also find it so easy to drop a list of new address,s into Outlook and using it as itinary, and then using navigate to contact for next address.
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj2052 wrote:
My difference may be that I am using Outlook for my address book and using activesync to syncronise

I too use Outlook and Activesync.
But when I was out in the car, I edited the contact on the PPC.
I believe that the address in Outlook will be the same as on the PPC after synchronisation, but I will test it out and post again.
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGF wrote:
Have you tried a soft reset?

Yes. Soft reset made no difference
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst having another look at contacts. I noticed one oddity between Outlook and the Contacts format on the Pda i.e. In Outlook the address and post code was set out ok, but the same entry on the PDA showed the first three digits of the post code on the county line and the second three digits on the next line therefore splitting the postcode up onto two lines, another address checked across ok but as of yet not checked any further, so it would seem that activesync is not quite syncing and formatting as it it should, dont whether this may have any bearing. But have only just noticed,also should point out out that I am on 2003se, and all my entries are usually done at Outlook only change i do at pda are perhaps occasional house number or telephone number change.
ngdross
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I seem to be having a similar problem with navigating to Contacts from my contact list on my iPaq. I'm running;

HP iPaq rx3700 Win Mobile 2003 SE
Tomtom 6

sync'd with MS ActivSync 4.5

XP Pro SP2 PC running Office (Outlook) 2003

I have noticed that when you add an address to an Outlook contact, although there is a Postal / Zip code section, when you save this it seems to merge all of the address into one txt field.

When you look at the contact on your PDA I just see an address text field with all the info in it. Tomtom doesn't seem to be able to pull JUST the postcode out of this...

Any help / suggestions on this greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ngdross
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, does any one know of some add-on software that I could use to navigate to calendar appointments rather than contacts?

I've done a little bit of research and it seems some of the TomTom competitors are able to do this (TT have missed a trick here if you ask me) - Garmin iQue M4
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ngdroos says:
Quote:
I have noticed that when you add an address to an Outlook contact, although there is a Postal / Zip code section, when you save this it seems to merge all of the address into one txt field.

I do not have a postal code/zip code field, and just use last line in address pane for postal code and generally sync across line by line apart from the odd one as previaously said and mainly all work fine in ttn6 contacts navigation.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies,It would seem i took Activesync too much for granted, I originally checked a couple which seemd ok, but have now checked further and it would appear that quite a few are not quite as expected, although not all all have postcodes some have two address lines on same line and one has postcode split across two lines, so i may have to review my opinion of activesync.
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested out using Outlook.
It looks fine on the PC, but when I transfer to PPC it mangles it a bit.
Not so much that I do not understand it, but enough that Tomtom doesn't.
Can't blame Tomtom for this one, it is a Microsoft problem

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: