Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Re-Radiating GPS Antenna
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-Radiating GPS Antenna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Re-Radiating GPS Antenna Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on re-radiating GPS antenna's?? I understand Dave Burrows reviewed the GPS-RRAD-45 here at PGPSW several years back, and had good experience with it, but obviously things move on. Could I use one re-rad for ALL my GPS devices in one go (IE, PogoDrive and DS at the same time), or does that cause issues??

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers

BB
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use a re-rad for multiple devices if you used the higher power unit, the smaller ones have an antenna that needs to very close to the device that's receiving the re-broadcast signal. The higher power devices don't have this drawback but a quick search didn't find anyone still selling these Crying or Very sad
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Re-Radiating GPS Antenna Reply with quote

BBQKing wrote:
What are your thoughts on re-radiating GPS antenna's?? I understand Dave Burrows reviewed the GPS-RRAD-45 here at PGPSW several years back, and had good experience with it, but obviously things move on. Could I use one re-rad for ALL my GPS devices in one go (IE, PogoDrive and DS at the same time), or does that cause issues??

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers

BB

Actually, it was me Smile , back in the days when GPS receivers were not a ssensitive as they are now. It's confined to the box of bits I keep in the arage now. Yes, you can use just one as it radiates the signal to anything that can use it.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a word of warning though, the re-rads were deemed illegal last year as you need a license to opperate one in the UK, unless using it for military usage, Ofcom were responsible for this - there are some posts about the subject, it was on the Home page quite a while back see Here for more details.

I think the reason you can't find any for sale is because they are now illegal to use Crying or Very sad - Mike

Edit once to add link to info. - MikeAlder

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: