Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another GTM update 4.00 to 4.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another GTM update 4.00 to 4.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
Hamie

I can confirm that 4.10 works all the way from the A3 at Guildford, western section of the M25, M4, A404M and M40 to Birmingham - uninterrupted all the way !

Unfortunately still does not work for me on my 660 + GTM21 Crying or Very sad

Got on the A404 Junction 8 & 9 on the M4 and got off at Cressex on the M40. No TMC reception at all. Tried aerial vertical going and horizonal the way back Exclamation
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwfox wrote:
if I could get hold of the older firmware 3.7 for my GTM 21 to compare the reception. (If its possible to downgrade).
As best as I can tell, you cannot downgrade the GTM firmware. There might be a few tricks to force a firmware "upgrade" but I would want to hear it from Garmin before suggesting any "dodgy" techniques, which could cause greater problems. Certainly, unlike the main unit firmware, and the Bluetooth firmware, there is no easy trick to performing a downgrade.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got on the A404M at High Wycombe the other day and drove down to the M4 and then West - there was no traffic along here (I don't think I've ever had traffic along here), although I did get some decent traffic at Reading.

Of course, BAVC10 was travelling the other way to me - he may not have actually picked up any traffic on the A404 either, his unit may simply have still been displaying the traffic it already had.

Having said that, I've seen atmospheric differences cause the signal to reach further / less than normal near my home, so it's possible BAVC10 travelled there on a good day, and you and I on a bad day.
xspartx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
I got on the A404M at High Wycombe the other day and drove down to the M4 and then West - there was no traffic along here (I don't think I've ever had traffic along here), although I did get some decent traffic at Reading.

Of course, BAVC10 was travelling the other way to me - he may not have actually picked up any traffic on the A404 either, his unit may simply have still been displaying the traffic it already had.

Having said that, I've seen atmospheric differences cause the signal to reach further / less than normal near my home, so it's possible BAVC10 travelled there on a good day, and you and I on a bad day.

In fairness that road is just about the worst FM reception in the country!!
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wierd !!!

I drove South on Sunday (M40, A404m, M4, M25) and reception was patchy. Driving North this afternoon on the same route, I had a blue traingle displaying for all but 5 miles just South of Banbury.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can happen unfortunately.
mwfox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A general question - once reception is lost how long does the diamond stay blue?
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
Hamie

I can confirm that 4.10 works all the way from the A3 at Guildford, western section of the M25, M4, A404M and M40 to Birmingham - uninterrupted all the way !

Well... I got my GTM-21 back yesterday. It updated when I connected (To 4.1), and I went out... I got nothing along the A404(M) up to HIgh Wycombe. And nothing back.

This morning, I got nothing on A4/A404(M)/M4 (Including the J8/9 onramp where I used to be 1-2 messages etc... Nor on the section past Windsor where it's elevated a bit.

I did get a couple (8?) on the A4 past Colnbrook. Apart from that nothing... if anyting it's a bit worse than previous...
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the FM Table reset procedure failing miserably, I've been asked to send both the GPS and GTM12 back to Garmin for repairs. I plan to state very clearly in my email to them what I expect to get back from them in terms of performance.

It would be useful if everyone contacted technical support with their problems. If that happens and Garmin get lots of returns, it's far more likely we get a recall or alternative firmware offered faster
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the riot act some weeks ago and got a refund authority from Garmin for Halfords for my C510D and GTM21.

Yes, more should do the same!
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they cant fix it, I'll probably pester them for a refund. Only problem is that it was a gift... That way I might at least upgrade to one of the newer Nuvis, especially if they refund my GTM12 and the V9 Map upgrade I paid for. I could have a Nuvi 670 for the money with change to spare....
marksnsparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would certainly cut some of the frustration if I could get a replacement for the failed GTM. Snag is I really like my 310D and don't really want to change it. In any case I'm not sure there's anything wrong with it, Hamie did get an admission from Traffic master that they have a problem with transmissions. What's more, I'm not sure there's anything available that performs any better.
Audio version 2.30
GTM12 - Version 4.80 Firmware
GPS v3.00
bluetooth software version 3.10
noseboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russo109 wrote:
Just out of interest, I recieved a new TM 12 last week but get no signals or traffic updates whatsoever. I Live in Bridgend between Cardiff and Swansea - anyone managed to get traffic updates in this area?

I tend to get traffic in Cardiff and then lose it on the way to Swansea, so I'm assuming it's just down to rubbish reception. You could test this by coming to Cardiff and seeing if you get any signal - could do some shopping!

Cheers

noseboy
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little bit puzzled by all these comments about poor reception along the M4. I drove from J17 to J4 yesterday morning with traffic all the way - apart from diverting off at J14 and rejoining at J12 because the M-Way was shut between 13 and 12 due an accident..........about which the TMC advised me before J15.
It sensed the traffic was tailing back between 13 and 14 so took me off at 14, put me on the most direct route between there and Newbury i.e. it didn't send me down to Hungerford to join the A4 but took me x-country. In Newbury I chose to ignore its' recommendation to go down to the M3 because I knew of numerous back roads between there and J12 which in the end cost me only 30 additional minutes.
I upgraded to v4.1 the previous day.
No it's not perfect but by using this together with a TrafficMaster Freeway which tends to pick up the stuff the the Nuvi might miss I haven't been caught at all recently. :D
russo109
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I travel to Cardiff every day and still don't recieve traffic updates - the icon stays grey rather then blue. Upgraded to version 4.1 still the same. I have the 6017 power lead, but after speaking with Garmin they refused to send me a new 6025 and referred me back to the supplier of the GTM 12!! Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: